X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I must say, I am not crazy about the contrasting laces. The shape is great though, especially the boots.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• docus
      • Dec 2010

They are absolutely stunning - I saw a pair in the flesh last week (being rocked with aplomb by Snafu) and was amazed by the texture, the shape, the contrasts - everything about it was masterful.

I'd be interested to know how the collaboration came about and whether Altieri and Zero plan to work together again. On this evidence they should.
      Last edited by docus; 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• docintheory
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Raw View Post
        Lowrey are the derbies you posted reverse leather? Were the derbies made with different leathers because Sartorialoft's derbies seem darker and have a different texture compared to Layers London's pictures.
        Lowrey might have a better perspective than I do on if there is an actual difference, but I want to say that they are different leathers... The texture on the Layers pictures seems to be a much more smoother leather compared to the Sartorialoft derbies. I just recently purchased the Sloft AV_F derbies, and found that they are more of a sueded/reversed leather - the color is beautiful and composed of deer leather.

However I really can't compare not having handled the Layers version - can anyone fill in the gap on if there is a difference in leather types?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

mine (from Layers) are also reverse. I think its both the pictures making them appear different as well as probably varying leather textures.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

I definitely want a pair of these........... probably the only shoes of late i'm interested in buying
            hopefully they will be around in my size when i'm ready to buy.

the only thing I dislike about them is the laces..............I just think the original (thicker?) Carpe laces were better...............but for me it isn't a big deal. hopefully I'll get a chance to handle them in person and see how they feel
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I've actually been wearing mine without the laces for the past few days, they fit like a glove so none are actually needed.

I might put in black/dark ones later. visually the red ones are pretty cool, but in terms of wearing them in a daily outfit, a bit too quirky for me.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• eckblk
                • Mar 2010

Lowrey-

They come with standard black laces too?

I recently purchased the W3 tall boot and am anxiously awaiting their arrival, so sometime tomorrow hopefully. I thought I was getting an extra blue set of laces but, I'd be happy with a black or dark set.

* Layers (DHL) shipping is lighting fast

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

nope, would need to use some other laces

Comment

• doldrums
                    • Dec 2008

My ankles and derbies have quickly become my favorite pairs of footwear that I own (surpassing my O.G. carpes).

I personally love the red laces that contrast the brownish grey derbies.

I did cut the laces to size though as couldn't be bothered to do the wrap around and because it detracted from the elegance that these shoes have in spades otherwise.

EDIT: as per pic below, a few pairs of horse and lamb are also out there. Would love to see pics...
                    Last edited by doldrums; 05-31-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Feb 2010

Last edited by 8139; 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Icarium
                        • Oct 2010

Wow yeah didn't know that lamb/horse were options...

Comment

• eckblk
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                          My ankles and derbies have quickly become my favorite pairs of footwear that I own (surpassing my O.G. carpes).

I personally love the red laces that contrast the brownish grey derbies.

I did cut the laces to size though as couldn't be bothered to do the wrap around and because it detracted from the elegance that these shoes have in spades otherwise.

EDIT: as per pic below, a few pairs of horse and lamb are also out there. Would love to see pics...
                          Here are some pics of the W3 in horse/deerskin. Horse is the boot on the left. They are extremely close in color; deerskin is actually listed as green but, I can assure you it is black. The horse has a funny dust-like coat on it similar to Cdiem's washed calf & is a bit stiffer.

*sorry for the terrible iphone pics/ will update will proper pics later

Last edited by eckblk; 06-29-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• chomeo
                            • Mar 2010

^^ nice boots Eck! I'm so disappointed my size is sold out!!!

Comment

• eckblk
                              • Mar 2010

^^^

you know you are going to kop through A next week

Comment

• doldrums
                                • Dec 2008

so are you guys putting vibrams on yours? I ask because the heel seems like it could be tricky with the slightly shaved inner edge. the derbies are so perfect, want them to last but have been loving wearing them without rubbers...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎