X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    I can't imagine I will bother...unless something extreme has changed. I'm more looking forward to the rumoured ipad mini!
    Tethering is so much nicer on LTE.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
      Tethering is so much nicer on LTE.
      I don't know what that means.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        I don't know what that means.
        I use my phone's data connection on my laptop a fair bit. It is quite useful. On the old iPhone (4/4S), it is quite slow. On the new iPhone (and every android phone in the last 15 months), it is usually ~15-20Mbps in major cities. Quite quick.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I use my phone's data connection on my laptop a fair bit. It is quite useful. On the old iPhone (4/4S), it is quite slow. On the new iPhone (and every android phone in the last 15 months), it is usually ~15-20Mbps in major cities. Quite quick.
          Ah, understood. I've never bothered with tethering...seems like everywhere in this city has wifi these days...and I don't travel much.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

I wonder if AT&T will continue to offer unlimited lte on my unlimited data plan. I have to call them today before I pre order tomorrow.

I just learned that AT&T will factory unlock eligible phones. That's good news cuz it will allow me to fetch >$ for my 4

note: in my experience,many times 3G is faster than wifi hotspots. I end up turning off wifi many times cuz I prefer the 3G connection to a slow hotspot.

do you use a tethering app (which one?)or pay for tethering?

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

This new iPhone isn't a big suprise with all leaks, anyways still a nice phone. May be i'll purchase it in the next months.

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

my contract was up 2 months ago. gonna upgrade. black looks too sick.

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                  I wonder if AT&T will continue to offer unlimited lte on my unlimited data plan. I have to call them today before I pre order tomorrow.
                  just called. the answer is NO... lte requires a new data plan. I pay $30 for unlimited now. it will be $30 for 3gb for lte

SUCKS

seriously thinking about switching to Verizon but I'll lose my rollover mins.

*EDIT* turns out the rep i spoke to was wrong. i CAN keep my grand fathered in unlimited data plan and access lte. great news
                  Last edited by endorphinz; 09-13-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Endorphinz, you win with AT&T. Verizon isn't grandfathering unlimited data at all.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

US operators always sound so depressing. I get about 10mb/s actual download speed on a HSDPA network, unlimited data, for 16€/month
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

it's even worse in Canada...I think I pay $25 for 500mb!

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

yeah, gonna stay with at&t. $30 for unlimited data/up to 5gb unthrottled. i'm expecting ~20 mb/s. i put in an unlock request for my 4...should be able to sell it easily

next question is how long 'till the 5 jailbreak appears so i can tether

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                            yeah, gonna stay with at&t. $30 for unlimited data/up to 5gb unthrottled. i'm expecting ~20 mb/s. i put in an unlock request for my 4...should be able to sell it easily

next question is how long 'till the 5 jailbreak appears so i can tether
                            developers already have access to ios6, so I imagine it won't be long.

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

new apple maps is fucking abominable. If you ever ride the subway, walk, or desire to get to your destination, stick with iOS 5 as long as you can. What a piece of shit.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

new apple maps is fucking abominable. If you ever ride the subway, walk, or desire to get to your destination, stick with iOS 5 as long as you can. What a piece of shit.
                                Agreed...I was looking and looking for a way to get walking directions, but all I could find was by car...so annoying. Also, the "find me" button was about 2 blocks off of where I actually was.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎