X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

How you like that, bitch? Inspired now, bitch?

See? Probably doesn't feel that good...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Hahaha I love you Faust.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

BTW, I don't think that the show is misogynist at all. The hats remind me of fencing masks, if anything.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Qwerty
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          How you like that, bitch? Inspired now, bitch?

See? Probably doesn't feel that good...

Good point!

I actually thought the masks were meant to resemble muzzles, along with the medieval feral vibe of the collection.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Sure you've seen this, but here's the man's word on the masks:

The funny thing was that the hats were supposed to be more of a veil. It wasn’t supposed to be this Hannibal Lecter thing that some people might see. There’s something about marking a women’s face that can be very violent that I don’t approve of. I don’t like the idea of putting women in uncomfortable situations. They were meant to be coquettish in a very contemporary way.

And on the music:

This season, the womens became more of a brutalist expression. I’m talking about this part in all of us that suppresses a savage quality. It kind of came together when I got the music for the show – it’s a track that is very controlled. We all carry this savage impulse and I’m fascinated with what would happen if we slipped up. And so we go through this elaborate process of suppressing this urge with elegance and that’s what this collection was about.

via dazeddigital
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Qwerty
              • Oct 2011

To me, subjectively, female savagery-ruthlessness resembles more the persona of Aeon Flux (not necessarily in terms of the sartorial statement) than this gothic genre fantasy. So it comes across as a tad silly....

Comment

• Lumina
                • Dec 2009

Regarding the mask (that I find quite beautiful and delicate as an object I must say), I have the feeling that everything depends on the mouth.
                Some of these beanie (indeed, this cage is made of wool so quite fragile at the same time), when they cover only the upper part of the face almost look like a super hero mask, like Catwoman or Batgirl and gives a more empowering vibe :

On the other hand, when the mouth is covered, I find that it gives a very masochist vibe, or the impression that they're muzzled, deprived of the possibility to express themselves. The very same masks without the middle line covering the mouth would be very different I think.

Other than that, some beautiful skirt and jackets.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

all i know is i have been walking around for 3 days singing imma read imma read imma read...
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

You can download the single for free here. Ima give that bitch some knowledge...
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• christianef
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lumina View Post
                      indeed, this cage is made of wool so quite fragile at the same time
                      bingo! it's thin ass cashmere. i really dont get the cage - muzzling - elisabeth fritzl point of view for any of the head wear.. ann did little wire masks a few seasons ago and no one batted an eye lid. thom browne did robber masks before and every single guy on here wanted one.

can i wear the scream mask the mask from scream when i do u from behind

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

The awesomest of the awesome, Lynn Yager, weighs in.

"
                        “I’m gonna take that bitch to college! I’m gonna give that bitch some knowledge!” intones a rapper who calls himself Zebra Katz over the loudest of loudspeakers, jolting awake the somnambulant fashion audience at the Rick Owens show. This deeply offensive if catchy lyric — it goes on to inform the listener that the singer intends to "slice that bitch and ice that bitch”— seems to have little to do with the stunning ensembles on the Owens runway, which include gossamer-draped frocks in every shade of gray and some of the most desirable leather jackets — abbreviated in length, voluminous of sleeve — of the season.

Whoever is in charge of things at Dior should send some bitch over there to rescue the house. The schlumpy offerings have more than one person in the audience yearning for John Galliano’s return, his own burst of hate speech notwithstanding..."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• safeword123
                          • Jul 2008

Galliano's return is just a matter of time, fashion industry is incredibly forgiving.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Mike better play some Zebra fucking Katz at the SZ London II party.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by safeword123 View Post
                              Galliano's return is just a matter of time, fashion industry is incredibly forgiving.
                              The one thing fashion and sports have in common.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

every time I look at this collection I cannot help but think of Theyskens in his glory days..............
                                can they give him the Dior job.............please?
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎