Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

Nice pics, but I'm reminded more of a documentary on creatures of the deep sea than of a lookbook.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• chomeo
      • Mar 2010

Thanks to Eck!

Last edited by chomeo; 04-14-2010, 01:06 PM. Reason: resize before posting

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

maybe you can resize the images?^
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• chomeo
          • Mar 2010

frustrating! i've resized the image in photobucket and tested it out on chrome. but, for some reason, on IE, it still show the bigger image! will continue to work on it. please excuse my big image for now.

Comment

• comex9
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by chomeo View Post
            frustrating! i've resized the image in photobucket and tested it out on chrome. but, for some reason, on IE, it still show the bigger image! will continue to work on it. please excuse my big image for now.

The images are fine now

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

Lots of discussion about sizing, backzips vs side zips but how about the derbys? Any love for them here? Most of the pics that I've seen of them indicate that they are very soft and unstructured...of course, that is in comparision to a ccp.
              Originally posted by eat me
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• todestrieb
                • Mar 2009

I think this could very well be my iteration of choice for the backzip.
                Horse leather from a few seasons back. Pictures aren't mine.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                  Lots of discussion about sizing, backzips vs side zips but how about the derbys? Any love for them here? Most of the pics that I've seen of them indicate that they are very soft and unstructured...of course, that is in comparision to a ccp.
                  I have these in kangaroo

They feel like soft gloves on my feet and are more comfortable than my ballerinas! I loved the soft toe and heel -and am wanting another pair in another color. Sizing wise I think that in a soft leather like kangaroo you could go up 1.5 and with a wider foot -2.
                  Last edited by coccodrillo; 04-17-2010, 02:37 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

Fellow SZers who've made custom orders for Guidi boots...how long was your wait? With whom did you make your orders through?
                    Thanks.

Comment

• ambition
                      • May 2008

Matteo told me that it takes about two months for a custom order. I haven't placed my order yet, because I can't decide between the different leather choices.

Comment

• xeraphim
                        • Nov 2008

placed an order with Matteo back in March, was told approx. two months or so as well.

my original plan was to do a custom order through Marco... was halfway through finalizing the order details with him, then he just stopped replying my e-mails altogether.

he did mention that the turnaround time was around 40 days, so i'd assume that the average wait should indeed be around two months.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                          • Nov 2009

Ambition -I'm having the same problem - soft horse vs kangaroo - and xeraphim I also heard from Marco that it's about 40-60 days - which is why I'm debating waiting to see the F/W which Marco says he'll start receiving in June or placing an order now which given the turnaround - will also arrive in June.

It's a real pain not being near any stores carrying Guidi.

FYI for everyone else who also was wondering about leather types - Marco told me that the soft horse being used for footwear is in between baby calf and kangaroo as far as softness goes. Which is great news as far as breaking in time goes for back zips

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                            I don't have a pair, but I absolutely love them. To me it is a perfect basic shoe.

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by coccodrillo View Post
                              Ambition -I'm having the same problem - soft horse vs kangaroo - and xeraphim I also heard from Marco that it's about 40-60 days - which is why I'm debating waiting to see the F/W which Marco says he'll start receiving in June or placing an order now which given the turnaround - will also arrive in June.
                              place an order now, don't wait!

Comment

• tomatous
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

I'm a 45 in most footwear. Seeing as Guidi runs about two sizes small..

Does Guidi produce size 47 or 48? :X

Any big foots out there own Guidis?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎