X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

love those ann's. i have the wedges in that red and that is the exact color with a little sunshine thrown in.

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Lumina, those boots look awesome! I didn't even know they were released in that colourway. Eagerly looking forward to a fit pic.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Rosenrot
        • Aug 2010

More than happy to be of help, rider. If I'm not so broke I'd have come home with the thigh highs from LN-CC Any chance we could see photos of your shoes?

Lumina, would love to see some styling shots with those boots!
        Originally posted by Patroklus
        Better too adventurous than not enough
        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

are there any really warm boots for women that don't look like crap?

(I mean actually warm, for someone cold blooded, in -25C winter)
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Originally posted by lowrey View Post

These Ann D boots of mine have been the best weapon against the Finnish winter and they look great year after year. You should be able to find the re-issues from somewhere.

Edit. How about these? They have the same last and similar look, just a bit taller and with the adjustable leg part. These are really the most comfortable boots too btw.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

In the same vein ...

Or maybe these ...

Demeulemeester's riding boots are also preferred
              here during winter ...

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 12-01-2011, 06:24 PM.
              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

do a search on winter riding boots.
                these ariats come to mind...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

NDC and some other companies make fur-lined boots. I use mine when the going gets tough...

P.S. Was in Barneys the other day. Haider Ackermann shoe prices are the new level of mental...
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                    Demeulemeester's riding boots are also preferred here during winter ...
                    Can't say I agree. Speaking from experience, they're absolutely deadly on ice.
                    Originally posted by rider View Post
                    do a search on winter riding boots.
                    these ariats come to mind...
                    Do you really use (real) riding boots for street wear, though? I find them much too tight around the ankle for just walking around.

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

these dubarry boots might be better with pants underneath, although i do manage to wear my winter ariats as steetwear with jeans somehow, maybe they stretch out just enough or maybe my jeans are just super skinny.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                        Can't say I agree. Speaking from experience, they're absolutely deadly on ice.
                        I don't know about you, but if I buy boots for winter, and
                        I can see the sole doesn't have much grip on, I take them
                        to a cobbler.
                        So yes they will need some help for icy conditions. I don't
                        know what Flux has done to hers to survive the Finnish
                        winters, but maybe we should ask her ...

Anyways my first pair is going into it's fifth winter and are still
                        going strong. I got the tall version from Christian this year, and
                        was also taken to the cobbler.
                        Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                          I don't know about you, but if I buy boots for winter, and
                          I can see the sole doesn't have much grip on, I take them
                          to a cobbler.
                          So yes they will need some help for icy conditions. I don't
                          know what Flux has done to hers to survive the Finnish
                          winters, but maybe we should ask her ...

Anyways my first pair is going into it's fifth winter and are still
                          going strong. I got the tall version from Christian this year, and
                          was also taken to the cobbler.
                          I never got a rubber sole put on mine because I thought such a broad expanse of Vibram would look weird. And the sole is already so thick...

In any case, I've found that anything but a lug sole is pretty much useless against snow or ice.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                            • Apr 2009

A few winters ago I happened to find myself in Berlin and almost bought a pair of those rubber boot gripper attachments because I was slipping around so much on the iced-up sidewalks in YY boots with absolutely no tread/grip.... they could almost pass as being bondage-y...

In the past I've had riding boots for the winter and they are quite slippery without a different sole put on, but relatively warm.

I think Margiela does or did a fur-lined leather boot.

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                              • Aug 2011

My parents were generous enough to buy me the Damir Doma creepers for my birthday. I got them 40% off at TheCorner.

I am glad I didn't size up, however the sides of the shoes are digging in/rubbing at my ankles. Hoping the leather will soften with wear and solve that problem.

Also, there seems to be glue on the inner seam?

Comment

• I took my Ann D riding boots to the cobbler and vibramed them, can't survive an icy winter without any. After that the boots have been just perfect.

Here is a pic where they have been vibramed, maybe I can take some close up ones of them later. IMO they don't change the look too much and are the best health insurance you can get for 15 euros.
                                Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎