Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Czx
    • Feb 2011

Yeah, I use my iPhone as much for the web features as I do for calling/writing. And to be honest, 4 is more than enough for me here. And about faster - if you say it in means of web working faster then from what I read - it won't. That is as far as Safari and mail goes. And I hardly need new maps or something like that, the current ones on my ooooold iOS work perfectly and actually saved me quite a few times hahah.
    Oh, btw., upgrading to iOS designed for new models on the older ones is bullshit if it still works like it worked in the time of 3 to 4 transistion. The only phone I saw working slower was a shitty Sony Ericsson "buisness" model which I spent few days working on because it was barely possible to do anything at all on it.
    And I get what you are saying about the irony of this but I think in different terms as far as upgrading electronic stuff goes. And think about this - there is no market that shifts values of object as fast as the electronics one. Yes, none of us need another pair of 1500$ boots but not only do they last quite some time - you can also resell them losing hardly as much percentage of starting value as you do with reselling a phone after even 6 months. Or a graphic card for that matter, or a processor, anything at all, really. I know the thing pretty well as I was deep into all the PC stuff not so long ago, but dumped it as it was bottomless well bringing me something I hardly need. It's the same here. I actually qualify for an upgrade right now as my plan is ending and seeing as I inherited my parent plan which is about 15 years old I can get any phone for a fraction of it's price. And what I'll do with it is get the priciest phone on the market to sell it and keep my current one. I don't see the point in upgrading but I see the point in profiting on people who do ;)

And the new plug is a joke to be honest. I own an Harman Kardon docking station which costed me quite a few pennies (and I frankly don't use it with my iPhone at all, it became my go to portable speaker for my player, as I can't even get new music on my iPhone without formatting it due to iTunes issue, that's bullshit) and if I were to upgrade - I would be pretty mad about that. Thankfully it does have a plain jack to jack port but still, it's designed as a docking station.

e: Jesus Christ, I have a thing for writing essay long posts, don't I.

And yeah, I also dislike Siri-like inventions. I have not yet seen one working properly and actually saving time of the user, instead of consuming it furthermore.
    néant
    Last.FM paranoia
    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
    0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^ not gonna lie, I only skimmed this.

Either way, safari/mail will work faster on the 5 than it will on the 4 insofar as the 5 offers 4g lte and the 4 does not. Over wifi, I imagine they'd be the same.

Developers creating/updating apps will no doubt take advantage of the 5's faster processor/increased memory. This in turn will mean that as apps are updated/newly created, they will be optimized for use with the 5, making them potentially slower/laggy on the 4. Obviously this won't be the case with every piece of software, but it's a likely outcome, just as it was with the 4 vs the 3. Not the end of the world for anyone I realize.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Czx
        • Feb 2011

I'm not suprised :p

I think I read something about Safari's speed limitations causing 4G not to bring too much difference to it's actual speed but it might aswell be my imagination or some bullshit, as it doesn't sit right with me aswell.

Oh and by slower speed I didn't actually mean apps lagging but the iOS as a whole. It wouldn't really bother me if it was about apps optimized for the new software.
        néant
        Last.FM paranoia
        0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I'm *hoping* that ios6 on the 5 will be faster than io6 on the 4/s...it surely has the capacity to with a faster processor.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            I'm *hoping* that ios6 on the 5 will be faster than io6 on the 4/s...it surely has the capacity to with a faster processor.
            I'm sure both phones would have more than plenty of capacity to run the os, it can't be that heavy...? whether or not Apple is interested in making it function just as well is another question...

compulsory gif

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Czx
              • Feb 2011

It actually is pretty heavy to my knowledge but I doubt they really care about optimizing it for the sake of previous platforms, it's another reason to upgrade after all.
              néant
              Last.FM paranoia
              0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                I'm sure both phones would have more than plenty of capacity to run the os, it can't be that heavy...? whether or not Apple is interested in making it function just as well is another question...

compulsory gif

They do, definitely...just saying that a better processor and more memory could potentially make things smoother/faster.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dawn
                  I just got the iPhone 5 today and the headphone jack isn't working.
                  Doh.

My service provider's system crashed today and no one got their phone at all.

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

About new Apple earphones with the iPhone 5, I would like get some feedback. Are they good ? I never used the ones sold with the iPhone 4, I prefer classic earphones from Phillips.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      Agreed...I was looking and looking for a way to get walking directions, but all I could find was by car...so annoying. Also, the "find me" button was about 2 blocks off of where I actually was.
                      Figured out how to get walking directions...you have to select it before you start the routing. Hopefully they add an additional option so you can change the method of travel after you've routed. The transit option only brings up a list of subway apps, etc., which is annoying. Hopefully that will come in time too.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• TheThief
                          • Mar 2011

Is this for real? Her answers are too good (and by good I mean bad) .

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

video description says its real, but it can't be..

Apple 5

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

this is me watching the line @ the 5 th ave apple store.the girl in the vid is sitting in front of that granite wall (i mean in the vid.i did not see her). my phone just left china

and.....

lightning adapters
                              Last edited by endorphinz; 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Crowzer
                                • Feb 2011

This video is so amazing !

I can't see you picture endorphinz.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎