X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hausofblaq
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
    How well has the nylon on your Arc'teryx Veilance Seque tote held up? I appreciate the suggestion, but I want an outside pocket. I find an outside pocket for quick access helpful when off in a mad dash traveling so I don't have to dig around inside the bag.
    It's held up extremely well, I use it almost everyday for school. Nylon makes it super easy to clean. As with most Arcteryx stuff, the bag is basically waterproof (taped seams, waterproof zipper, bag is completely air tight when zipped up).

Comment

• imblurredout
      • Apr 2013

Does it have any type of padding? Or is the shell/lining pretty thin?

Comment

• hausofblaq
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
        Does it have any type of padding? Or is the shell/lining pretty thin?
        No lining at all, just the nylon shell. My laptop and water bottle in my bag were always ice cold when I took them out for use after commuting in the winter.

Comment

• 8bpc
          • May 2010

Looking for reasonably professional tote suggestions - large enough for a max load consisting of a 13" notebook computer, dSLR, book and other small items. Would prefer at least one pouch pocket on the outside for quick access that is deep enough to securely hold a cell phone and travel documents.
          I'm still looking for tote suggestions because I haven't found anything yet. Leather would be preferred, but I'm open to other materials.

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

I'm still looking for tote suggestions because I haven't found anything yet. Leather would be preferred, but I'm open to other materials.
            Haven't seen too many great leather ones with outer pockets, at least not in the sense of the designers discussed here. If you don't mind other materials such as canvas or something a bit more technical I'd suggest looking into Makr or Nanamica. You might also be able to commission a bag from someone on the forum!
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• 8bpc
              • May 2010

Originally posted by eleves View Post
              Haven't seen too many great leather ones with outer pockets, at least not in the sense of the designers discussed here. If you don't mind other materials such as canvas or something a bit more technical I'd suggest looking into Makr or Nanamica. You might also be able to commission a bag from someone on the forum!
              It seems I didn't miss anything in my search for a bag. I appreciate the suggestions. Have you owned bags from Makr or Nanamica? How would you rate their quality?

Comment

• bryantyj
                • Jun 2010

I owned both before and I must say Im not a fan of either. It might be because they focus on aesthetics first then purpose.

Im currently using Klattermusen for backpacks.
                Wonderful bags I must say. Have been using it for just below 2 years and it keeps my 13" laptop, files, moisturizers, coins and stationeries without running everywhere. Important for a busy schedule.

I do however carry a separate bag from Omitir for training gear if Im gyming after work as if splits the weight out. Not gyming in that outfit tho, just for reference ha. You get the point...

Comment

• The Spectacled Bear
                  • Aug 2011

I had made my mind up on this Porter Yoshida Heat Rucksack:

Size : W280/H540/D180

But have since found that it is out of stock everywhere (even the eBay listings which say it is available...)

Does anyone have any recommendations for something similar?

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

It seems I didn't miss anything in my search for a bag. I appreciate the suggestions. Have you owned bags from Makr or Nanamica? How would you rate their quality?
                    Originally posted by bryantyj View Post
                    I owned both before and I must say Im not a fan of either. It might be because they focus on aesthetics first then purpose.

Im currently using Klattermusen for backpacks.
                    Wonderful bags I must say. Have been using it for just below 2 years and it keeps my 13" laptop, files, moisturizers, coins and stationeries without running everywhere. Important for a busy schedule.

I do however carry a separate bag from Omitir for training gear if Im gyming after work as if splits the weight out. Not gyming in that outfit tho, just for reference ha. You get the point...
                    He's right about Makr, it's definitely aesthetic driven. The quality is pretty good but the functionality just is not there. I haven't owned anything from Nanamica but I know someone who has, with this though it can be good depending on what purpose it's needed for and the type of bag you buy.

Bryantyj I've also never heard of Omitir before until your fit post recently! Upon checking them out, they look pretty cool and the price is definitely good!
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• bryantyj
                      • Jun 2010

[/QUOTE]Bryantyj I've also never heard of Omitir before until your fit post recently! Upon checking them out, they look pretty cool and the price is definitely good![/QUOTE]

Hey Eleves,

I've purchased a few bags from them already. The prices are justifiable and affordable. I wish i could afford a Guidi Bag and boots every month but it just isnt happening for now haha. Service is on par with guidi and Carol christian poell. I think after purchase service is so important as there are more and more brands out there that don't really build that relationship with their customers.

Comment

• 8bpc
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                        He's right about Makr, it's definitely aesthetic driven. The quality is pretty good but the functionality just is not there. I haven't owned anything from Nanamica but I know someone who has, with this though it can be good depending on what purpose it's needed for and the type of bag you buy.
                        Would you please expand on your comment about Makr functionality? Its a bag, you toss stuff in it. How did they screw up the functionality of the bag? Do the straps or pockets cause issues carrying items (too long or get in the way)? The Fold Weekender (tote) got my attention so I'd really like to understand. Thank you again for your feedback.

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                          • Apr 2014

Hey gents,

Edit: Seems that I'm referring to the Q10 model.

or

Can anyone offer any insight into this particular piece?

Would it be appropriate to function as a 'day' bag for bringing a notebook, camera, water bottle, etc?

Looking for something smaller than will allow me to carry the bare essentials for a day out without being cumbersome.

Cheers!

Comment

• yay
                            • Sep 2014

that one should be wayyy too small for a laptop. i just got the m10 and it's perfect for laptop+book/water/etc. - but not sure if you are looking for something smaller.

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yay View Post
                              that one should be wayyy too small for a laptop. i just got the m10 and it's perfect for laptop+book/water/etc. - but not sure if you are looking for something smaller.
                              My apologies, when I wrote notebook I meant something akin to a Moleskine, not a laptop

Really just a Camera, Moleskine and small water bottle for a day out.

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

yup a q10 will fit those easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡