X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Are there any SZers from Barcelona here? I am considering visiting in January. Would like to get some recommendations or even meet up.
    Might be there in January, keep me posted once you schedule your flight
    As for recommandations, what kind? Shops? Restaurants? Sightseeing?
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
      Might be there in January, keep me posted once you schedule your flight
      As for recommandations, what kind? Shops? Restaurants? Sightseeing?
      Everything, I guess :-) Maybe not clothes shopping, per se. But I don't know what Barcelona is famous for except food and leather, and I definitely have enough leather.

I'll keep you posted. Would be fun to hang out.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

All right, here is some addresses to know for restaurants:

Japanese:
        Shunka, probably the best one, expect 150€ pp
        Ikibana, japanese mixed with brazilian, I heard very good things abt it. And it's waaaaay cheaper than Shunka.
        The ones from Nomo Group: Nomo and Umo (Umo has a very fresh local eel).

For more "typical" mediterranean food, you might want to try:
        Bon Estar, they have a really good black rice.
        Fragments café is a tiny restaurant which makes the best patatas bravas I've ever had.
        Tickets, it's the tapas bar by Ferran Adria (ex-owner of El Bulli)

Little Bacoa has some gourmet burger in case you're suddenly nostalgic of the US

If you want to go really big, and don't mind the $$$:
        Carme Ruscalleda, a bit outside Barcelona, she's the boss of the region with Adria, expect 200€ pp for a degustation menu
        celler de Can Roca, most famous, hardest to get a reservation probably, but that's very best (was best worldwide two years ago). You might want to book now if you want to have a chance.

I hope this can help

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
          • Jan 2013

I would recommend going to all of the Gaudi works in the city. My favorite is probably Park Guell but they all have different aspects that make them unique.
          The Museu Picasso also really increased my appreciation for his work (I was not a big fan before) - it's arranged in chronological order so you can see his development as an artist.
          Might be inaccurate since I'd never had real paella before this, but I went to a randomly recommended neighborhood restaurant and got an amazing paella...after waiting 30-45 minutes for it to cook.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
            All right, here is some addresses to know for restaurants:

Japanese:
            Shunka, probably the best one, expect 150€ pp
            Ikibana, japanese mixed with brazilian, I heard very good things abt it. And it's waaaaay cheaper than Shunka.
            The ones from Nomo Group: Nomo and Umo (Umo has a very fresh local eel).

For more "typical" mediterranean food, you might want to try:
            Bon Estar, they have a really good black rice.
            Fragments café is a tiny restaurant which makes the best patatas bravas I've ever had.
            Tickets, it's the tapas bar by Ferran Adria (ex-owner of El Bulli)

Little Bacoa has some gourmet burger in case you're suddenly nostalgic of the US

If you want to go really big, and don't mind the $$$:
            Carme Ruscalleda, a bit outside Barcelona, she's the boss of the region with Adria, expect 200€ pp for a degustation menu
            celler de Can Roca, most famous, hardest to get a reservation probably, but that's very best (was best worldwide two years ago). You might want to book now if you want to have a chance.

I hope this can help
            Which sushi place offers "Mediterranean" sushi and has a nice wine list? Forgot the name but it is def a must. Maybe I'm not a pure sushi guy though, tend to prefer other SE Asian cuisine to Japanese. Had some Vietnamese salted snails yerterday
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              Which sushi place offers "Mediterranean" sushi and has a nice wine list? Forgot the name but it is def a must. Maybe I'm not a pure sushi guy though, tend to prefer other SE Asian cuisine to Japanese. Had some Vietnamese salted snails yerterday
              Doesn't ring a bell right now, but I'll ask around and get back to you

Comment

• MarlonLima
                • Nov 2015

y'all should come to amsterdam men!!!

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

Are there any SZers from Barcelona here? I am considering visiting in January. Would like to get some recommendations or even meet up.
                  was not blown away by anything we ate in Barcelona (Madrid on the other hand..). Montserrat is worth a day trip if you want a break from the city.

Comment

• ronin
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009

Not really food, but if you're interested in wine, you should pay a visit to La Vinicola while in Barcelona. They have a pretty nice selection, both careful and wide, including some hard-to-come-by, top-tier Catalan wines, but also some rare French wines (Michael Georget is a personal favourite).

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                      I would recommend going to all of the Gaudi works in the city. My favorite is probably Park Guell but they all have different aspects that make them unique.
                      The Museu Picasso also really increased my appreciation for his work (I was not a big fan before) - it's arranged in chronological order so you can see his development as an artist.
                      Might be inaccurate since I'd never had real paella before this, but I went to a randomly recommended neighborhood restaurant and got an amazing paella...after waiting 30-45 minutes for it to cook.
                      I second everything written here, I did the exact same things, which was oddly weird to read...my only addition is to walk late at night and enjoy the street music, much of it was classical and well above average. I also vaguely remember getting lost one day and ending up at a zoo.

bring patience, not many speak or understand English.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                        • Jun 2013

Charleston

I'm here for a few days. Any recommendations for, well anything.

I'm guessing eating is the best thing to do whilst here!

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                          • Sep 2015

Helsinki?

Looks like it's been a few years since Helsinki came up. Any new info? I am going in March. Also looking for recommendations for a short trip (2-3 days) outside of Helsinki — any gems nearby?

Thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jurassicsnark View Post
                            Looks like it's been a few years since Helsinki came up. Any new info? I am going in March. Also looking for recommendations for a short trip (2-3 days) outside of Helsinki — any gems nearby?

Thanks!
                            Wait till they get their Guggenheim?

March is not too late to go up to Lapland if you are feeling adventurous. It's a long drive though - people don't realize that but Finland is a fairly big (long) country.

Finland is wonderful if you are into nature, but I'm at a loss to recommend another city besides Helsinki (though lowrey may never speak to me again after that comment ). The Koli natural mountain preserve is wonderful for hiking - it's in Karelia, close to the Russian border. Never really been, but the archipelago in lowrey's neck of the woods is supposed to be amazing.

Let me know if you need Helsinki recommendations, besides Seven.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                              • Sep 2015

Let me know if you need Helsinki recommendations, besides Seven.
                              Yeah, I'd love some. I'll be there for a week for work, so lodging and stuff is already set, but any info on shopping, eating, seeing would be appreciated.

I am actually considering a trek up to Lapland or somewhere that I have a chance to see the Aurora... But I'd also be interested in other small side trips.

Comment

• round
                                • Aug 2015

Going to Las Vegas and Los Angeles in the upcoming month, any recommendations on what to see/where to go while I am there, provided I can take some time away from what I need to do to visit said places.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎