X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Spare me your industry anecdotes. I go by the product. And if you consder a guy who does overpriced peasant jackets a genius, maybe you should check your head.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• C'est Fini
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Spare me your industry anecdotes. I go by the product. And if you consder a guy who does overpriced peasant jackets a genius, maybe you should check your head.
      well i dont know what Id call linea/sartoria in that case.
      I didnt mention genius anywhere..What I did say is that they are both forward yet timeless in their own right.

over.

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Let's take the Harnden discussion to his thread here. C'est Fini, I'd like you to expand on why you think his designs are forward, it's potentially a good discussion.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• pipcleo
          • Jan 2007

this kind of statement does your credibility no good whatsoever
          harndens fabrics and fabrication are top notch
          deriding it as a peasant look because you may look crap in it yourself.as i inferred earlier its a timeless silhouette not necessarily for everyone but it will out live all the rick owens with a short SHELF LIFE

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

please, do not insult cdiem by comparing hardnen to it.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
              well i dont know what Id call linea/sartoria in that case.
              I didnt mention genius anywhere..What I did say is that they are both forward yet timeless in their own right.

over.
              I love how the emoticons do all the talking for me.

First of all, I feel it is imperative for me to establish (for the record) that I am a HUGE fan of Harnden's work (if this isn't already known), but are you really taking it there with Linea/Sartoria? The question begs to be asked at this point...have you seen a single Linea collection? Seriously? I mean your crazy talking here.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• jcotteri
                • Jun 2008

they all have their time and place, whom is better is left up to the wearer.. no need to discuss this here
                WTB: This

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

What booties you got on ??
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                    this kind of statement does your credibility no good whatsoever
                    harndens fabrics and fabrication are top notch
                    deriding it as a peasant look because you may look crap in it yourself.as i inferred earlier its a timeless silhouette not necessarily for everyone but it will out live all the rick owens with a short SHELF LIFE
                    Did you ever see me in it?

His fabrics by and large are coarse, not in a good way. The aesthetic is clearly ripped off from peasant wear. It's as clear as a day. Your pathetic attempts to bring in Rick Owens, just because he is popular here, does your credibility nothing whatsoever. Not that you have much credibility to begin with. You are simply good at bitching, and let's face it, the few times you posted your looks, you didn't exactly get a standing ovation.

All this is besides the point - the point being that conceptually and aesthetically (not to mention in terms of influence on fashion) comparing Paul Harnden to Altieri is similar to comparing Rad Hourani to Helmut Lang.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009

ledger,

details on the jacket/outerwear on out?

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

ledger looking good glad you got some boots, those the all saints ones ? my second guess would be the yhojiXdrM

hope things are cool with you

Comment

• huckleberry
                          • Jul 2009

Looks great ledger, love the scarf need to get a nice one for winter

Comment

• asho
                            • Nov 2007

All this is besides the point - the point being that conceptually and aesthetically (not to mention in terms of influence on fashion) comparing Paul Harnden to Altieri is similar to comparing Rad Hourani to Helmut Lang.
                            are you suggesting Harnden rips of and creates second (or third, fourth, fifth) rate versions of Altieri's work?

surely this is a bit too much.

I always thought sz was a polytheist forum.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                              they all have their time and place, whom is better is left up to the wearer.. no need to discuss this here
                              I stronly disagree with this position, as it seems to suggest that while each has its time and place, there arent aspects of the garments that are in the same category,
                              categories such as fit, sewing quality, Fabrications, etc.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
                                are you suggesting Harnden rips of and creates second (or third, fourth, fifth) rate versions of Altieri's work?

surely this is a bit too much.

I always thought sz was a polytheist forum.
                                Absolutely not. Personally, I would not compare them at all, as their concepts are very different. C'Est Fini started with comparisons, if you remember.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎