• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Thank you all!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

anyone know anything about cdg's suiting line homme deux?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
        anyone know anything about cdg's suiting line homme deux?
        What do you want to know? It is a suiting line, some fabrics are nice, not your conventional suit, not cheap, rarely available outside of japan (NYC CDG store is the only store that has it in North America, I think. I would imagine DSM carries it as well.)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

yep, i read actually dsm is the only shop outside jp to carry it

but since it's not cheap, and from what i've read there's an emphasis on 'hand work', i'm assuming the quality is good? are the jackets canvassed, etc?

but it's good to hear the fabrics are nice

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I still don't know how to tell if a jacket is canvassed. I've read all about it and have pinched many jackets to no avail. The quality is good, but a lot of CDG quality is good. Interesting thing about CDG I've noted - their secondary lines do not mean secondary pricing.
            Last edited by Faust; 08-12-2009, 07:45 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

haha i've done the pinching thing too and i can't tell \: but it's a psychological thing

but yeah oddly enough i find only shirt is of questionable quality, even though a lot of it is 'made in france', whatever that means.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

mass i don't think the suits are canvassed. i checked them a year or so ago at DSM and they didn't pass the pinch test, which I think I can actually do properly. best way to do this is to get two suits where you know one is canvassed (all fully constructed (i.e. not unlined, double faced thingines) lanvin jackets are for example) and the other fused - it becomes very clear. basically if you can only pull out one layer of fabric (the outside of the jacket) from the inside lining, it's fused. if you can separate the outside shell from something else, that isn't the inside lining, then its canvessed. one other tell-tale sign is that if there is a decent "roll" on the lapel - i.e. if it does not sit flat at the break - that should mean canvassed. anyway, many fused suits are decent enough now.

homme duex is expensive and not really a secondary line - just a line with a different emphasis. have a look on the united arrows website and you'll find some pics of the current collection, it's nice. i think it's taken a slightly differnet turn in direction this season - seems to be crumpled eveningwear

united arrows also has some homme line - which i think is really nice this season.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ agreed, both lines are very nice this season.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ryno
                    • Aug 2010

Pop Culture...Warholism.

Comment

• Ryno
                      • Aug 2010

Comment

• Ryno
                        • Aug 2010

10 Things You Should Know About Junya Watanabe

1) Biorn in Fukushima, Japan in 1961, went to Bunka Fashion College in Tokyo.

2) Watanabe is the protege of Rei Kawakubo, head designer for Comme des Garcons. In 1993, he started to work under his own name called “Junya Watanabe Comme des Garcons”.

3) Particularly interested in synthetic and technologically advances textiles. Often thought to be a “techno couture” designer.

4) In 2000, he launched a menswear line.

5) “Innovative”, “cerebral” and “Avant-garde” are descriptors routinely applied to Watanabe’s creations.

6) Tends to explore a single motif each season.

7) In 2007, he became licenced by Converse to design a series of All Star shoes.

8 ) Mostly known for his technical wizardry, he tends to put zippers and seams in unexpected places.

9)First Lady Michelle Obama wore his sweater while visiting London.

10) He revealed that his mentor for more 2 decades Kawakubo, has never praised him or offered him design direction.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                          • Feb 2009

10) He revealed that his mentor for more 2 decades Kawakubo, has never praised him or offered him design direction.
                          What lies in this?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ Supposedly Kawakubo gives him and Tao free reign - that she doesn't see the clothes until the collection is ready to show.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                              • Feb 2009

But that she never praised him?

Comment

• Buckwheat
                                • Sep 2006

Winter 1999 from i-D

Comment

Working...
                                X