X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaintedBlack_7
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    How do I rip a song from YouTube onto my mac? Thanks to mrbeyus, I can't stop listening to this now...

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Firefox 4 crept out ahead of schedule. I wouldn't rush to download. Things aren't too smooth here.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Thanks a lot, paintedblack!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cuddly
          • Sep 2007

downloaded ios 4.3 seems slower for iphone. i wonder if its faster on ipad 2.(which i just got)

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I was planning on selling my old 3G and half-accidentally updated to new OS, it pretty much killed the phone. its slow as hell and the battery runs out twice as fast
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cuddly
              • Sep 2007

^^ it was already like that with 4.0, 3G and 1st generation iPhone is definately not meant for 4.0 and above. time to upgrade at that point. i updated to 4.3 on my iphone 4. iphone 4 is fast,but it felt slightly sluggish. i think this upgrade is more for geared for the iPad 2. New chip built in is snappier speed wise than the 1st gen.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

its pretty ridicilous that if you choose to update it via iTunes, without warning you'll get an OS version that is not even properly designed for the old models. I suppose making it function like crap will encourage people to upgrade to a new phone... another reason to loathe apple and be a happy Android user.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                  • Dec 2010

There are also a couple firefox extensions that allow you to download directly from the youtube page to mp3. Just google it, they're out there.
                  "My Roll is to Rock"
                  -Jimmy Page

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    its pretty ridicilous that if you choose to update it via iTunes, without warning you'll get an OS version that is not even properly designed for the old models. I suppose making it function like crap will encourage people to upgrade to a new phone... another reason to loathe apple and be a happy Android user.
                    iOS 4.3 has set my father's iPhone 3GS to believe it is an iPad (or possibly has a retina display), it displays only the upper-right corner of the display. Restoring doesn't work. yay update.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

ouch. are you unable to restore, or it just doesn't have any effect?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

theetruscan, there is a hard reset option, which should solve your problem.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          ouch. are you unable to restore, or it just doesn't have any effect?
                          Did not have any effect.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          theetruscan, there is a hard reset option, which should solve your problem.
                          You mean the two keys down, or more aggressive? Either way even restore to factory didn't cut it. He ended up heading to the "genius" bar.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Fuck, I forgot how to do it properly even though I've done it before. I think you have to hold the home button while hooking up the phone to the computer. I think a bit of creative googling will lead to some results, but I am too jetlagged to do it now. zzzzzzzz....

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

No stress, I should have googled it. Hope the jet lag doesn't persist.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I would try to restore it via DFU mode: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

also, might be worth downloading the latest firmware and selecting it manually for the restore (on a pc by pressing shift while selecting restore in itunes)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎