• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 pairs in a row.

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

I would say Rick tailored items are underrated, because they are surprisingly great except for the pricing, which is kind of nuts even by his standards.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• shinoda
        limited
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Magician View Post
        I would say Rick tailored items are underrated, because they are surprisingly great except for the pricing, which is kind of nuts even by his standards.
        Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

I like the aesthetics of his tailoring and how his more substantial pieces come together but I've never been very impressed by the actual tailoring work if that makes any sense.
          Especially compared to the quality of some other comparably priced designers who focus on tailored pieces.

But let's not forget that Rick got his start cutting patterns so he knows a thing or two about putting the pieces together...I just think he's much, much better at creating pieces with exaggerated proportions than he is at making something that really fits the human form in an exquisite way.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            I just think he's much, much better at creating pieces with exaggerated proportions than he is at making something that really fits the human form in an exquisite way.
            that's precisely what he seems to do with most of his 'tailoring' pieces. take the blazers: the super fitted torso and the oversized length are typical Owens unformal jackets proportions. RO tailoring = usual tailoring pieces revisited with RO distorted bodies.
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Castor
              • Nov 2009

I hope the tailored pieces will continue to evolve. While I appreciate the exaggerated proportions, I found that ultimately most of the pieces simply did not come together for me. His leathers fit perfectly and every tailored piece I tried ended up wonky, sort of too tight somewhere (sleeves/shoulders/waist) and too peplum/bell shaped, and therefore too costumey. Also many of the fabrics were stiff as a board. Seriously looking forward to what he has to offer this F/W though.
              Originally posted by DRRRK
              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• fivezero
                • Nov 2008

Just saw this online article: "Would you let your man be caught in these clothes?"

(Surprisingly) mentions RO big leather belt thing and knit hat later on the list. Demeulemeester socks also on the list. Kind of funny.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

^
                  "We'd much rather see our men in a nice distressed, low-rise, bootcut jean paired with some casual Crocs and an acid washed Ed Hardy t-shirt."
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

^I'd much rather be dead than be seen in Ed Hardy logo apparel.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fivezero View Post
                      Just saw this online article: "Would you let your man be caught in these clothes?"

(Surprisingly) mentions RO big leather belt thing and knit hat later on the list. Demeulemeester socks also on the list. Kind of funny.
                      http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beaut...#photoViewer=4
                      The funny thing is that the editor in chief of this lumpen swill used to work for a high-end mag that was shut down by Conde Nest (forget the name). If you want, you can bomb her house in Red Hook. A double whammie for poor Liquid - his five-toed running shoes are featured.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                        • Mar 2008

I love my vibram five toes. Nothing's better for a stony beach.

Who cares the girlfriend's trailing 20yrds behind when I'm wearing them.

Comment

• i'm surprised, as retarted as she may seem, she affords an assistant who can type on the keyboard for her, while she drools away in her cardboard box.

edit: regarding the article, not ^ your girlfriend ;)

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

Posted in the sales thread but deserves a place here.

For those in London, or for people who order through the store online (like me!)

40%
                            Last edited by Farkhanyassin; 05-29-2010, 08:41 AM.
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• dude, your signature is from my nickname :O

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                                • Jan 2010

Favourite song of hers aside from Pagan Poetry. Surprisingly most of the songs I love from her are in Vespertine ;)
                                MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎