X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

it has to do with the charging chip in the phone. it may indeed exceed 5 w... that's why I asked here. I thought someone might have "real" knowledge.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

this may be of interest: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1346408
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

ha! i knew my high school engineering class would come in handy some day...

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

@Dane:thanks got the link

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

so I was looking for a media player for my modest ht setup. My tvs have built in media players but navigating & indexing thousands of folders takes forever. in fact it's almost impossible. I was focusing on roku, wd tv live and boxee but then I thought boot times for the media players would be a problem cuz of the indexing thing. I next decided to build a htpc & use xbmc but then realized I would be better off just buying a cheaper laptop.... found a good deal on an open box sec gen i3 sony vaio (white to go with my black one). I was pretty happy with my decision and then I bought THIS for $14 . Now I'm very happy. I don't use the remote, just use the dongle with my universal remote

I don't know why people use media players. older laptops can be bought cheaply & will be more powerful and versatile than any dedicated media player

anybody have any thoughts?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Fucking Apple strike again - I love how light the ipad mini is and still as perfectly readable as the ipad. Now I wish I didn't have the big one and got a small one instead. Oh, well.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Fucking Apple strike again - I love how light the ipad mini is and still as perfectly readable as the ipad. Now I wish I didn't have the big one and got a small one instead. Oh, well.
                the mini's shitty screen still keeps the big ipad on top. wait until they figure out how to bump up its resolution to have regrets.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I don't care much about that since I use it for reading 90% of the time. No regrets, just would be nice to have something I could put in an inside pocket of my Paul Harnden coat without feeling like I'm dragging something around.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I don't care much about that since I use it for reading 90% of the time. No regrets, just would be nice to have something I could put in an inside pocket of my Paul Harnden coat without feeling like I'm dragging something around.
                    That's why you should care! most couldn't tell the difference between the mini's screen and the big ipad when viewing pictures, etc., but when reading text, it's much more apparent. You can literally see the gritty pixels within the text.

I hear you on the size thing though...I didn't buy an ipad because of the size, which isn't something I want to lug around. When the mini gets its issues fixed, I'll be first in line to get one.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

I'm with dane on this. Resolution is key for reading
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

When I open links from google it gets redirected to ad sites. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

You should scan your computer for malware.

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

^this
                            The free version is fine

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

malwarebytes is very good

also check that your browser doesn't have any weird add ons / toolbars etc
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

Thanks guys, downloaded it and there was 1 files that it detected and I removed it. Google links are still getting redirected though . Will have to look further into it after work. Also had a look through add-ons and toolbars. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎