Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Things seem to be heating up in Catalonia indeed.

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
      This is the very least of our problems at the moment if this Cataluña thing keeps escalating we might have nothing to talk about in this thread anymore...
      Why do you think so? I'd wager a business by BBS should be well insulated from most of the effects, and if the referendum were to pass and the region left both Spain and the EU it may become an advantage rather than a boon.

I also would not be surprised if production was moved to Lisbon in a worst case scenario; plenty of resources there.
      Last edited by Arkady; 10-03-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• tornaremavencer
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
        This is the very least of our problems at the moment if this Cataluña thing keeps escalating we might have nothing to talk about in this thread anymore...
        Please don't talk about matters you have no idea about.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by tornaremavencer View Post
          Please don't talk about matters you have no idea about.
          I see you joined in 2012, instead of being 2012 sz passive aggressive you could actually explain why that would not happen, if they end up becoming independent, and become dependent around the surrounding economies to import I would assume things become expensive quickly, but apparently I have no idea.
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• tornaremavencer
            • Aug 2012

It's much more of a complex matter and not so obvious Catalunya will be kicked out of EU if they break free. What EU wants is money, and deep inside they'd rather kick out Spain without Catalonia and (possibly in the near future) Basque Country, as that's where the $ comes from (which they obviously won't for political reasons, but that's what they really want). They have to play it cool for appearances, but if Catalonia wants it, they will welcome them with open arms. Sure it will take a while to figure things out as there is a country to be built, which is a far more important matter than BBS rising prices. Bad things are happening here to the people they call their own since years. One way or another, Boris will figure it out, no need to overreact.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

The EU may want money, but there's no protocol for automatic internal accession and Brussels has been threatening to force them through the bid protocol. Catalonia also has massive liquidity problems that leave it unable to issue debt and potentially unable to fulfill most of the EU's economic convergence criteria.

Since there's no definitive answer and the majority of signals suggest this will be a very difficult process for the region, you may want to pause before acting like a know-it-all asshole. I do agree Boris will be fine, however.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Can y'all take this to another thread, like Current Events?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

I mean, I'd love for the discussion to ground in how a political upheaval could affect BBS production when it comes to logistics, materials, and market access rather than how 'smart' everyone is. It's not something I know about, I'm sure others are curious as well.

Miguel's statement was entirely relevant.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                    • Aug 2014

Hey this is SZ buddy, we don't take kindly to sensible responses 'round these parts *pings into spittoon*

In seriousness, I agree with you though. Considering Boris's production seems firmly rooted in his Barcelonian compound, I have a hard time denying some great change would have to be made in the company if the Independence movement takes matters further. And judging by the last few days, they are certainly aiming to do just that.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                      • Oct 2015

Can anyone speak on their experience and selection at the BCN store. I understand they stock a lot of archive pieces. I’m going to make my pilgrimage there next spring.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

My only grip with Boris's work these days is his cashmere. Cashmere at this price point simply shouldn't pill - no excuses. Same goes for Rick.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          My only grip with Boris's work these days is his cashmere. Cashmere at this price point simply shouldn't pill - no excuses. Same goes for Rick.
                          I bought the scarf and the zippered knit from this past F/W and no issues as of yet. The cashmere/silk blend LUC tops I have on the other hand..

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                            I bought the scarf and the zippered knit from this past F/W and no issues as of yet. The cashmere/silk blend LUC tops I have on the other hand..
                            How much did you wear it? My knit - same as yours, I think - is already pilling.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              How much did you wear it? My knit - same as yours, I think - is already pilling.
                              The scarf quite a few times however my inability to grow facial hair probably helps to reduce pilling.

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                                • Aug 2012

Does anybody own BBS 70/30 cashmere blends (the thick, sweatshirt one?) This one also pills badly overtime?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎