Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.

Comment

• 13we2
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
      and hence bbs footwear is dropping in value like crazy, cant even sell bamabs within the last few seasons for over $300 i see shit sitting for less than $200 in good condition.
      For me it's more because the shapes just don't change nowadays, as with J2 TS1 etc

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

AW18 squeeks as well, hence i got rid of them after a few weeks of wearing,

Comment

• Hertz
          • Dec 2018

$200-300 sounds like a snap purchase for an excellent condition ones for me.

They definitely are not worth full retail price, though (as if anything is).

Comment

• jap808
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Hertz View Post
            Hi fellow BBS lovers,

I have a problem that a shoe-repairing service struggled to solve, so I decided to seek for help here.

One of my bamba1 sneakers (which are fairly new - purchased about 5 months ago, but worn quite rarely) started to make a strange squeaky, craunch-like sound while I walk, which appears to come somewhere from inside the sole. My friend has exact same problem with his older bamba1 from previous collection.

This is extremely irritating, as it sounds especially loud when sneakers are worn in a quiet place - e.g, in the office environment - where I love to wear them. Any chance anybody knows how to solve it?

Regards.
            My experience ->

August 2017 I bought SS17 Bamba1 F2522M.
            February 2018, they started to "squeak": I find this quite annoing, but didn't pay that much attention
            April 2018, I notice that -during walking- heel seems like "deflated" so I took a closer look and see that 2 damages occured at sole:
            1- on the heel (left shoe), the rubber sole started to unstick, but it was a light problem so I wasn't too worried;
            2- below the rubber sole, (the polyurethane) EDIT: THE CORK in the sole started to crumble: initially, I didn't realize that because the shoe doesn't show any problem, but...
            ...but after some time, the rubber sole definitly unsticked on the heel and a consistent portion of crumbled CORK came out of the shoes.

After some weeks, a consistent part of the sole (left shoes, on the heel) was "empty".

I send the shoes back to BBS in June 2018 (via PNP) and they make a light repairment: they glued heel and sole and repair the inner sole (put some unidentified plastic material instead of cork), but didn't replace the sole.

After some months, the squeak has returned, the rubber sole unsticked again and the sole crumbled. Write again to BBS, PNP and everyone else, send the shoe back to PNP, but no repair was done.

To make a long story short: I'm still wearing that shoes, but sole squeaks and the heel/cork still crumbles, so I don't wear them for long march.
            My cobbler told me he could replace the portion of CORK which came out with some poly material and glue the sole, but even this reparation wouldn't last long.
            Leather and treatment is still strong, but sole really sucks.

Check gallery --> https://postimg.cc/gallery/28kw7a396/

EDIT: original inside sole is made of cork, not poly
            Last edited by jap808; 05-06-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• 13we2
              • Sep 2015

I believe they state that the filler inside the sole is cork.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                • Dec 2012

All this sucks!! kinda hard to believe such expensive kicks are having these issues. I've always heard bambas were not super good quality (since around 2010-2012) but then I kinda noticed with the evolution in design the soles got thicker and seemed sturdier... I have 2 pairs from circa 2016 and they are both without any kinda of flaw (altho one is not super comfortable to wear)....

I have to say that knowing that the sole is the weak part of these, I've always added a vibram sole since day 1 to my bambas (except the one that got the issue, but I will def have an extra sole added now that I've had them repaired).

so all this kinda pushes me to stay away from Boris kicks from now on, which is kinda sad bc they do look damn good and the leathers and color treatments are fuckin gorgeous. Still struggling with the idea to retreat to the BBSxSalomon collaboration, altho color treatments and designs are amazing, they always lose when comparing nylon and synthetic fibers with amazing leathers... I'm also kinda tired by the sizing irregularities in mainline bambas which render them always an uncertain purchase in terms of comfort...

are the salomon ones really comfy ? is sizing consistent?

and what about BOOT1 and BBS derbies? anyone with experience in terms of comfort or quality?

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                  • Dec 2012

most desirable models in most sought after size (43) always fly for around 400$ at Grailed.... which remains an impressive performance given the lamentable state of the resell market nowadays where nothing sells and prices just keep dropping.... great time to be alive when one is buyer, suck to be seller....

all this issues kinda Re-valorize Rick sneakers for me.... besides all the shit Geos have been given around here, they still rock in terms of quality, sizing consistency thru seasons, more than decent comfort (for a pair of non-nike-adidas-synthetic kicks)...

Comment

• Jeroenr
                    • May 2016

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post

are the salomon ones really comfy ? is sizing consistent?
                    Yes, they are. But they're just Salomon shoes. Not worth the money. I got a pair, close to the normal salomon retail. Otherwise, i would have not bought them.

Comment

• Monoral
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                      and what about BOOT1 and BBS derbies? anyone with experience in terms of comfort or quality?
                      i got BBS boots and creepers (boot1. boot3) from AW17-18, except for the price everything is good

be vary that they stretch out so maybe size down?
                      Last edited by Monoral; 05-06-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• jap808
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                        I believe they state that the filler inside the sole is cork.
                        Yes, you're right: I took a closer look inside the sole and it looks like cork.
                        Just edit my post

Comment

• Campe92
                          • Jan 2017

Hi, rumors says that Boris will not show a collection this season. Can someone confirm that?
                          "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• Zak
                            • May 2018

Yes. Unfortunately.

Comment

• Zak
                              • May 2018

There will be no runaway to be more correct.

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                                • Aug 2012

Hopefully the company is not in trouble or anything, heard the sales are going worse and worse from season to season :(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎