X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ETC
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    not even. risks are way overblown, believe me. i took ungodly amounts for 10 years. the smoking and obsessive workouts, I do believe, render rick my soul brother.
    click here

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by eat me View Post
      Hey guys, I need some practical help.

Does anyone know the sizing of the models that do Rick's shows? Or perhaps you wear the same sizes that they make their samples in and you could tell me yours? Or you know someone who knows and I could get in touch with?

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
      Samples are generally cut in a size medium because when you're cutting patterns, you start off in the middle which makes it easier to size them down and size them up once you get the proportions/fit right in the size that falls in the middle.

I have some Rick samples in 48/med but I can't say for certain that's what size the models wear on the runway but that would make the most sense. Since all of his recent pieces have been oversized, most of his mediums are large....just to confuse you a bit more.

As far as leathers and outerwear, I'd bet my left nut that those are mediums/48s.
      If they're not, it might explain some of the consistent inconsistencies.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by swami View Post
        Agreed , thats a serious WTF
        While I always appreciate his intense honesty , It seems irresponsible to make statement like that
        what kind of responsibility should he have? I'm sure most people are aware of the existence of steroids and can make their own decisions without him. How is that worse than admitting to say a former heroin addiction? People should stop blaming others for their lack of judgement, if you're asking how he did what he did and he answers honestly, then I don't see the problem

(sorry, this kind of thinking annoys me to no end... reminds me of how hypocritic the world is)

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

^ I suppose it depends on the audience that would be reading such statements. For this situation it's perfectly fine, as the people who read about Rick would certainly know his background and can make their own decisions. Sporting stars, etc. that younger people aspire to, I would say it's not okay to mention their bad habits. Purely because of how influential their words can be to younger people with less...'brains'.

So what I'm saying is...it's not irresponisble of Rick to say he uses steriods nonchalantly, it's just irresponsible.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Well, the article is titled Fit with Rick, so one might assume he is giving advice of sorts.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

i don't think the example of celebrities is influential at all. most likely in this case, an average person will start taking steroids if suggested by a friend or provided by a trainer. this mechanism repeats itself over and over again (be it smoking, columbine, drugs, whatever) because it's easier to blame a public figure for problems, when they have very little to no influence in an overwhelmingly majority of cases

this is lazy thinking, I'm sorry

also, if you want to look like rick, you've already got problems

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

"Obviously, I've replaced the romanticised determination to self-destruct with the fantasy of control and immortality."

Interesting remark about his styling.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    Thanks for posting this! As content and message free as I expected it to be. Steroids here I come.
                    Seriously, Steroids?? Kinda disappointing.
                    Didn't you read my article?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                      Hey guys, I need some practical help.

Does anyone know the sizing of the models that do Rick's shows? Or perhaps you wear the same sizes that they make their samples in and you could tell me yours? Or you know someone who knows and I could get in touch with?

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
                      They are all tall and roughly 46.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Wiggles
                        • Sep 2008

Hey, does anyone know if Rick is making this sweater in a version with sleeves? LVR only has the vest for pre-order, thought someone on here could enlighten me

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

^would that it were, but I don't think so. :(

Comment

• Wiggles
                            • Sep 2008

If only Rick liked sleeves as much as the rest of us, many thanks kunk

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

yeah, sleeveless sweaters are just a little too legal secretary for my liking.

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                i don't think the example of celebrities is influential at all. most likely in this case, an average person will start taking steroids if suggested by a friend or provided by a trainer. this mechanism repeats itself over and over again (be it smoking, columbine, drugs, whatever) because it's easier to blame a public figure for problems, when they have very little to no influence in an overwhelmingly majority of cases

this is lazy thinking, I'm sorry

Its just that as much as he likes it or not or even wanted it he is become a kind of a major influence on a certain part of society.
                                Its very easy for lots of people to idolize someone they admire and like you said a smart person with a thinking mind does not need to be influenced by their idols but lets face it most kids are.

With great power comes great responsibility no?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎