X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eye View Post
    where do you guys find somethg to buy on yoox ? I mean they do stock interesting brands but imo their selection is almost always ugly as hell...
    real question btw
    A lot of that is down to awful styling. Usually when I pick something up it's an item I know doesn't look as bad as it does in the Yoox picture
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
      ^ always wondering the same thing
      third. i mean, you can still get something decent, but you have to scour it religiously, and i no longer have time/effort to do this. the last thing i bought there was in september, and that only through the graces of rider. and i don't remember what was before that...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

where do you guys find somethg to buy on yoox ? I mean they do stock interesting brands but imo their selection is almost always ugly as hell...
        real question btw
        They tend to get decent stock in a few less well-known designers I quite like. They horribly overprice it, so no one looks at it twice, but if I leave it in my wish list until near the end of their sales, the prices are quite good. Mostly, for me, it's been KKA pieces of late. I don't buy much from Yoox, maybe 1-2 things a season. I do consistently find that, though, and don't spend more than 30 minutes/month looking at their site.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

I've found out that they sometimes get in interior design pieces at great prices too, they usually are just a bit lower then retail, but I've seen some pieces go for much less.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
            • Sep 2010

real question btw
            they have cool accessories, and some off the wall stuff. they have the margiela denim suit still like at $150 iirc or something stupid low.

the ugliest stuff in my opion is on Gilt. They get some real junk sales most of the year

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

any hope of getting the corner europe or uk to ship an item to the us?

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

Haha
                So who got lucky?

edit... oh, and this.
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ Damn, sweet. If it's someone from here and the PH does not work out, please let me know.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

WTF. Fuck Yoox man. I check it maybe once a week and I think it has been literally YEARS since I've purchased something decent on there for myself. Only recent purchase has been some MM trainers for the fiancee and I can only find stuff on there for her because she's got size 35 feet.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ardeetee
                      • Apr 2007

it's more than likely that all those were picked up by someone on here so i'm sure we'll see it on ebay/classifieds. hopefully the markup wont be outrageous.

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the CCP / PH stuff was priced?
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

The PH blazer was $475 - not sure about the CCP

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

^ Shirt was something like $135, Pants $225, Belts around $100...I just order them by price from high to low to guess if the price is no longer displayed.

MBD
                            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

/\ yeah, yoox has crazy pricing. i picked up a ugo belt for $86 (sterling silver)...the same belt retails for $1500 in USD. Yoox keeps it interesting with their wacky pricing.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                                Double belt was $250, and all prices higher than suggested in above post. I am the buyer of the items, and things that do not fit my wife or myself will be offered up. My own clothing budget is zero, so I do flip mis-priced items in order to fund purchases as well as pay for school bills, etc.
                                Defensive much? I listed the items and made a guess (for the enjoyment of the whole) based on the spread between the prices of the unsold items on the page. There is hardly a suggestion that the yoox price approximates its "exchange value," and that you would be a bad guy if you didn't ask those prices. If there is anything redeemable (and dare I say "fun" about yoox), it is finding the items that they have inadvertently styled with a middle finger extended at the consumer and being able to see the promise that they have missed.

Why shouldn't you flip something if your expertise has allowed you to recognize something good someone else did not? One works at developing that expertise -- the expertise that allows you to recognize. That's a form of labor, too; a labor that one ought to be compensated for (so long as it's not blatant highway robbery as for Raf "Archive" at a particular London-based store. That's just sort of undignified.)

Oh - and I'd be interested in the shirt if it doesn't fit yr wife. PM me if it doesn't work out. Enjoy your finds...or the proceeds from them.

Cheers,

MBD
                                Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 02-06-2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: grammar fail
                                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎