Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soul Pill
    • Feb 2011

I tried on this longer cut of blazer in the Linen/Silk/Cotton 'vintage' fabric at the London RO Store... it goes well with drop crotch trousers in the same material I was wearing at the time.

or maybe a leather sleeveless showtek with those same trousers...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

ss 2012: http://www.nowfashion.com/23-06-2011...-show-448.html
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

hmmm i like this alot , dont love it but theres nothin here i hate . the only thing i kinda dislike are the sunglasses but only cos i dont like big oversized sunglasses on guys . but there a handful of complete fits here that i LOVE . one other thing i think of rite now is i like how its different from tha usual rick mens summerwear of tees and shorts and boots / sneakers . i feel like this has the depth of his winterwear cos of all the layering but somehow i keep feelin like alot of these silhouettes and styling ideas i alrdy have in my closet so like eternal said theres nothin rly that new here , but im guessin for other ppl who mite not be as familiar with his stuff theyll think this is rly new and different

im diggin the long skirts , i prefer skirts on me to be very clean . i also have a feelin this will attract those guys who are too afraid to buy a skirt cos now theyll see it all over this collections runway and be like " ahh cool now i can buy one cos its made for men " .
        Last edited by jogu; 06-23-2011, 07:47 AM. Reason: just fuckn realized this isnt in the seasonal collection area . someone hurry and make a thread there so we can talk bout it

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

just fuckn realized you guys are talkin about it here, when i've already made a thread in the seasonal area... [lol

oh and ps. i guess i'm one of those guys, at least when we are talking MAXI skirts hah.]

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

So, has anyone been to Rick's club yet?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

intro to rick owens

I'm sure these have been posted before, but I was just introducing a friend to rick owens and sent him this article + these 5 journal entries. As far as I'm concerned, this is a cohesive intro to the rick owens universe, and an excellent refresher for anyone already immersed in it.

His Dark Materials

Journal Entries The website is flash, so I can't link individual articles. Just click on previous article at the bottom of each. There's no overarching narrative, so it doesn't matter if you read them in reverse-chronological order.
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

That FT website is unusable and the article is lazy. The New Yorker article was the best one.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

The His Dark Materials article:
                  ok

The journal entries:
                  Gold. Who could resist a day in the life of rick? Skipping the finite or containable schematic constructions, and diving in.
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

hahaha rick likes trance generators! loooool. guess i'm not the only one listening to gabber/hard trance/hardstyle and other cerebral shit like that.

and this makes much more sense to me now!

Last edited by Shucks; 06-25-2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• sCrAtChy
                      • Oct 2009

Okay this might be a dumb question or has been answered before.

But does anyone knows what is the purpose of the DRKSHDW long strap on each clothing item for? Seriously, it is pretty redundant.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

No purpose, but I think it's an awesome tag.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

ya same here i like them , its like a small accessory . like no real purpose but just kinda like let it hang on the outside of the trouser or tee . sometimes if u dont want it like that u can just tuck it on the inside

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                            • Jul 2011

Another form of entertainment.
                            Last edited by TheDivinitus; 07-12-2011, 07:00 AM.
                            blog

Comment

• Antidote
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              No purpose, but I think it's an awesome tag.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

CHRIS " rumpapapam i slap my girl down" BROWN, JUSTIN "the hair"BIEBERTRON and a rather cute young lady Rockin Rick and Julius.
                                Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 07-11-2011, 08:38 AM.
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎