• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
    or her name is dave.
    Unsurprisingly there are a lot of trannies in Malaysia. And I believe girls with mustaches don't wax/shave because it'd grow back much worse. Don't exactly want a 5 o'clock shadow on a woman now do ya? Haha.

With that being said...I guess that's where laser treatment comes in...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
      new yorkers - thinking about moving this weekend to nyc. how's the economy? if worse comes to worse will i be able to grab a job picking up poop or something?
      i would advise against moving to nyc if you do not have definite plans. this city can fuck you up and spit you out like 1,2,3.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        this city can fuck you up and spit you out like 1,2,3.
        Precisely why I've always admired NYC from a very safe, aloof distance, and plan on keeping it that way. Good example of what they say about childhood notions being hard to shake off, even well into adult awareness.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Sombre
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ronin View Post
          Tomorrow, I'm packing. Goodbye Palais Royal, welcome hipster packed Marais and frightening electricity bills.
          if you unplug your appliances when they're not in use, your bill will decrease dramatically.
          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• ronin
            Banned
            • Dec 2009

Thanks for the tip SombreResplendence, but I didn't even have to, the fuses blew up this morning when I turned the TV on (so it's true what they say about television being evil). The problem is rather that I live in a very old building, with paper thin windows and the poorest isolation you can think of, and it's freezing cold when the temperature is below 10°C. I know we're supposed not to overheat and keep a sweater inside, but a sweater, not a ski jacket. Besides, based on my appliances and the F rating of my appartment on their energy efficiency scale, EDF already charges me 60€ a month and if I use less electricity they'll juste make me coupon that I can use on next year's bill. But I'll make sure to unplug my unused devices in the future.

Went to the Boltanski exhibit this week end with a friend and it struck me how the cultural mediator kept repeating that it was not about the Shoah. Also that she was explaining little kids that there were some children's clothing in this big pile and that the giant claw of death will grab them like anyone else. I'm glad I went though, I had never experienced his installations. It was intense, but I'm a bit disappointed, the mediator explained that the coloured clothing scattered on the ground were a last minute addition and I don't get them at all, I think they spoil the visual impact. They seem to tell that identity remains through death, but that's probably because I disagree with the postulate that there is nothing as anonymous as a piece of clothing. Maybe it would have been too simple otherwise, but simple summed up the installation pretty well and that's what made it efficient.

Comment

• todestrieb
              • Mar 2009

Speaking of darkness and color

Should be in the WTF thread too.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

This (among many other things) is why I love this man with all my heart

Comment

• thanks for an interesting discussion. I liked your response Merz. Great point. Makes me think that maybe, despite loving colours and patterns and shapes, i'm relentlessly drawn to the most serene of colours and lines. Matthew Ames and Damir Doma editorials in Ensence for instance. incredibly soothing.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                    if you unplug your appliances when they're not in use, your bill will decrease dramatically.
                    i thought it was a negligible amount?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Speaking of next level randomness, overheard three dudes discussing Fuuma today.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

can't wait for tomorrow's daily show!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

i thought it was a negligible amount?
                          A coworker of my girlfriend said she got a refund of about 50% of her bill when she started doing it. so I decided once I get my own place, I'll do that from day one. It's strange though that the physics of it isn't sounder. The circuit is only complete when the appliance is on, so when it's off no electricity should flow, and money shouldn't be wasted. Unfortunately, that's only how it's supposed to work.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Speaking of next level randomness, overheard three dudes discussing Fuuma today.
                            Man that's fucking creepy

I like to think that unless you're a public figure (well, more public than this), what happens online, stays online.

note - of course the exception being between those who know each other, as many here do. but three people from out of nowhere none of us have ever heard of/from talking about these things seems a bit strange. maybe i haven't fully accepted the interconnectivity and accessibility of information on the world wide web...
                            Last edited by Fade to Black; 02-09-2010, 12:33 AM.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

St. Fuuma IS a public figure!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                                A coworker of my girlfriend said she got a refund of about 50% of her bill when she started doing it. so I decided once I get my own place, I'll do that from day one. It's strange though that the physics of it isn't sounder. The circuit is only complete when the appliance is on, so when it's off no electricity should flow, and money shouldn't be wasted. Unfortunately, that's only how it's supposed to work.
                                hmmm, i would imagine if this was the case it would be very heavily advertised by the green movement. anyway, i've been slowly getting into the habit of unplugging everything in the last few months. hope to see it reflected in the bill eventually!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎