Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

Both looks are really great M-M, although I prefer today's.

I was looking at that jacket and at the price you paid it is definitely a steal. That seller frequently has great older stuff from CdG and interesting stuff from Junya for both sexes.

Comment

• Eye
      • Jan 2010

jacket goes very well with your frank leder pants, and i understand the aim of the purple touch (scarf/gloves) but still would have prefered a completed "rough" outfit with huge heavy scarf.
      you shall be glad not to have sold these ma+ !
      WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Eye View Post
        jacket goes very well with your frank leder pants, and i understand the aim of the purple touch (scarf/gloves) but still would have prefered a completed "rough" outfit with huge heavy scarf.
        you shall be glad not to have sold these ma+ !
        Mmmh. Would have been problematic with this kind of silhouette IMO. Big scarves work better with big coats. Or with jackets long enough not to be swallowed by bunches of flowing draped fabric. I'd say that one is too short and fitted for that.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Eye
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
          Mmmh. Would have been problematic with this kind of silhouette IMO. Big scarves work better with big coats. Or with jackets long enough not to be swallowed by bunches of flowing draped fabric. I'd say that one is too short and fitted for that.
          forget the huge point, you're right on this - but i meant something less soft, with grain and thickness (doesnt need to be 1m long), and not tied but rolled around your neck.
          did you try it with your golden crispy sarti, or the tones are too close ?
          WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

That one is in someone else's closet ! But yes, it would have been a good match. The heavier, knitted red sarti scarf I own works also quite well - color and texture wise. I agree with you on that last point.

Not a big fan of scarves rolled around, though. Always end up looking like some kind of high end minerva - unless they're wide enough for bits of hanging & draping - but in this case, see pt. 1 ...
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Macro
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Which one of the male assholes in that book would you be?
              Augustus Carmichael. Gimmie my soup, bitch.
              every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

IS
                Collateral Concepts
                LUC
                ma+

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

Thanks rilu, the white shoes aren't as white as they look in the pic. Blame flash.

MM, love the second look. Nice to see you in slimmer pants.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Macro
                    • Apr 2008

Raw, that jackets a biiiiiiiiiiiit small on you.
                    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Yeah I think it's a little snug, but I think a size up will be too big and won't show the button design properly. I'm most likely in between sizes, but still shots always make clothes look tighter on me than in motion. Hopefully, I'll slim down a little over summer .

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

yes, definitely more important to see the buttons than for it to fit

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Well I think it does fit, it's suppose to be slim fitting. It's just the way the jacket is cut, hence the button construction, there's actually a bit of room below the armpits at the chest.

Comment

• awlouie
                            • Sep 2007

Raw: One of the better fits I've seen on you!
                            "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                              • Aug 2010

plus Raf Simons wool mac outside

Comment

• aussy
                                • Jul 2011

cjbreed, a little too fitted and triangle proportion'd for my liking, I don't think the enlogated and flared sleeves complement the rest of your clothes

rilu, wish my grandma knitted, color me jealous :( , loved the slim rust sweater paired with voluminous skirt and heels (substantial enough to stand up to and ground the skirt without being clunky)

mailmoth mmmm, love that jacket and glad you picked it up, lovely fabric, much prefer the first outfit, I understand the complementary scarf but I feel that it becomes a little too visually jumpy when paired with the second outfit

raw feel that it needs something (maybe just a white shirt) to balance out the contrasting white cuffs, draws attention to your wrists/hands and the outfit's other details are lost

sept clean and effortless, do you switch between this style and your earlier preppier pic? or was that more of a one off

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎