Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

zb those shorts look amazing... i can't imagine what they'd look like with drip sneaks :P

and that steamed calf leather looks great!

Comment

• Icarium
      • Oct 2010

Wow MBD, game changing indeed. That piece is mindblowingly good and you execute it perfectly.

Zam, not that the rest of your fits are shabby, but I especially love the close up of the linen on linen scarf visually. Hrm, I'm going to NYC for the essentially the first time in May for work definitely adding a few days on both ends so might reach out about visiting the shop :)

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
        zb those shorts look amazing... i can't imagine what they'd look like with drip sneaks :P

and that steamed calf leather looks great!
        thanks!, the picture here doesn't do them justice. one of the seminal pieces of the SS12 Collection, and we are only making one in each size cause it takes 1.5days to make one of these........thank God we are not in this for pure profit cause sometimes I get carried away by these concepts that I loose all common sense

and dont mention the word drips, i'm coming to your town next month and i might have to burglar your house for the ones you bought from Ben........
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

Rilu - although I think we've said here that form fitting works well for you - I think it has to be added that this silhouette is fantastic as well. I really think that your top and bottom proportions as well as your overall silhouette are looking better and better with every fit. Awesome.

Zam - you always look like such a cool SOB. ; ) Love the texture of the linen on linen (may be dropping you a line post mortgage payment, heh.

And a very late remark on one of the stand-out fits of the past pages - Rosenrot in the Margiela leather pants. Amazing! You looked incredibly sculptural in that fit...is it possible to wear it about town?

MBD
          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rilu
            thanks a lot everyone! :) oh and Zam, looking great, and that scarf is so nice! so don't sin, just give your scarf to me
            (edit: saw the scarf in your '12 stock :)
            Yes, was gonna send you there

Just PM me if you need
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• safeword123
              • Jul 2008

SO lovely, rilu!

and Zamb, so stylish. you are the best model for your own clothes.

Comment

• chameleon
                • Jun 2008

Great silhouette for you rilu, it's good to see you do some voluminous fits again. Very nice cardigan too, I'm surprised Journal Standard made that. I always saw them as a typical mid-priced/mid-market japanese brand, the stuff I saw (admittedly some years ago) was never very interesting in that sense, certainly nothing like your cardigan. Maybe it's different for womenswear, this definitely looks good. Looks great on you as well. I have a soft spot for the kimono jacket, the sleeves are just perfect and the color palette is spot on for me.

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                  • Aug 2010

raf simons mac
                  uniqlo hoodie
                  rick owens short
                  puma shoes

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Haha, I love it! I'm not bold enough to dress too funky when I teach, I tend to wear a mix of Patrik Ervell and Cloak. I have a very close friend though who goes all out when he lectures, but then again his classes are fashion related. I always wonder what the students think as I can't ever recall having had a well dressed prof.

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

Addendum, fees not waived. No one really blinked an eye because, well, the fine was so massive I think I was breaking new records for sloth - I'm sure that was first on the librarians mind...in any case, I dress like this around the place, lecture in Ann, whatever - because why not? This stodgy institution would be Renaissance Faire hell if it weren't for my and a rare few others' sartorial antics - er, preferences.

MBD
                    music

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Nothing cooler than a hot teacher!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rosenrot
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

And a very late remark on one of the stand-out fits of the past pages - Rosenrot in the Margiela leather pants. Amazing! You looked incredibly sculptural in that fit...is it possible to wear it about town?

MBD
                        Thank you MBD, likewise I feel the same way about your lovely dress. Yes I have worn them about town twice. They're very wearable if you don't mind the rude stares that people give at anything unusual over at this side of the world.
                        Originally posted by Patroklus
                        Better too adventurous than not enough
                        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                          • Oct 2011

Impossible to compete with the last few posters - zamb and sept always look so at ease and natural in their photos, and I'm perpetually amazed by rilu's everchanging silhouette - but as we seem to be on the topic of university and associated attire, I thought I might throw myself to the lions for the first time

Comment

• oskar
                            • Mar 2008

mostly obscur

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                              no offense to MBD -- you look gorgeous. and for the purposes of this thread... i guess it would be ok to stop there

but i'm just thinking out loud
                              the only place on the internet where you would actually be hesitant about saying someone looks gorgeous

edit: i think she looks hot
                              Last edited by the breaks; 03-23-2012, 07:36 AM.
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Urthwhyte, I think the trousers are too long for you. I generally like stacking, but here it adds too much volume on the thighs. Other than that I like the simplicity.

Are the boots vintage women's Ann?
                                Last edited by michael_kard; 03-23-2012, 09:12 AM.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎