• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Theetruscan, the extra keyboard kinda defeats the point of portability. Lowrey, I suppose that's what I meant by a netbook.
    yea my reply was in regards to the keyboard idea, so basically the same thing you were saying re portability
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Theetruscan, the extra keyboard kinda defeats the point of portability. Lowrey, I suppose that's what I meant by a netbook.
      Ah, different usage models I guess. For me, 80% of the time, I need no keyboard (watching media, surfing web, etc), the other 20% of the time, I grab my apple bluetooth keyboard, which is tiny. Total weight is around that of my old X200 (2lbs), but most of the time, convenience is better.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

speaking of (small) laptops, the wife got a 13" HP Envy, and that thing is SICK. tiny bit heavier than a macbook air (1.7kg vs 1.4kg), but twice as much HD space, longer battery life (twice as much battery life with the small extra battery that comes with it), 2 usb 2.0's vs one on the Air.. retail price on the two are the same, but she found it for about 3/5 of the price.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

i'm glad they brought back the old style ipod shuffle. the last one with the proprietary headphones+controller sucked ass..
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Got the new iPhone. So far so good. Excellent display quality, very sharp and the batter seems to last significantly longer than the one on 3GS.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

I must say the new itunes arrangement is ridiculously irritating. Maybe I'd use a layout like this if I coded it myself for my personal library alone using foobar2000 but itunes has to support a huge variety of music libraries with a range of tagging systems. The fact that I can't view the album art on the left side when there's only one or two songs on the album (something that isn't particularly uncommon in my library) is ridiculous. Bring back the old method where I could view art for everything that had it while browsing the list view.

/rant
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Geezor
                • Jun 2010

Faust , how is the reception? Got any issues or they are really solved?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Seems fine so far, but it's only been two days.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

I have the iphone4 too, the reception problem has been overblown. Sometimes when you hold the phone and cover the bottom left side, the reception bars can go down, but it doesn't affect the actual clarity of reception. It is only in areas where the reception is bad that it might make reception worse.

One annoying thing is that you need to actually edit songs and make them into a ringtone instead of being able to choose songs from your playlist. The priority for aesthetics and making is look so sleek has one drawback, I find it not that great to hold. After a drunken night out the other week, I was texting and dropped it on the pavement twice Luckily I have protector films on the front, back and edges so there was very minimal scratches.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

that can a problem with many phones though, I had trouble holding my nexus one when I got it, but after a while it felt completely normal. same for the iPhone 3 I had prior to that, probably just takes some time to get used to.

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Yeah I think I was just used to the Sony Ericsson W910i which is a small slider so it fitted into my hands so well haha

Comment

• taylen
                          • Jul 2010

SZers use a awesome cameras, nice laptop. iphone 4, is it decent?

limited of 117
                          266 carats of sapphire
                          black diamonds
                          gun metal black stainless steel screws
                          aluminum frame
                          3G
                          mega pixel picture,

and another art pieces from 2010???:

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                            • Jan 2007

^ i cant hate on mobiado and vertu because anyone who wastes that much money on a phone deserves it anyway.

RE: itunes 10
                            the new interface is terrible and breaks all the conventions that apple set up in first place.

here's how to fix some it, at least if youre on a mac.

if you want to leave it the way it looks, and just put the disgusting vertical 'stoplight' icons back in their horizontal arrangement:
                            open terminal and type "defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -1"
                            Originally posted by jogu
                            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Arcane
                              • Jul 2008

All this talk of iPhones. I was seriously considering buying an iPhone but after playing with my sister's I came to a point where I had to ask myself; what in Gods name am I going to use this for?

Seriously, I have always been in love with Apple since I got my first Apple computer 15 years ago but, out of curiousity, do you guys use the iPhone to it's full potential? The same of course goes for HTC and Google-phone people. Or is it just some kind of 'jumping-on-the-bandwagon-mass-psychosis' (oh, I just the forbidden term...) like all the other kids on the block?

Well, fuck it all. I got a Sonim instead, next level Batman gadget motherfuckers.

Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

depends what you classify as full potential, even just surfing the web or reading and writing e-mail is something I'd much rather do with a phone that has a huge screen. aside from that, I use it to browse images, play music, watch videos, use Google maps to navigate etc.

what goes for bandwagoning, well, HTC's are barely available here. I had to buy it from another country simply because I wanted a well functioning and well designed phone that suits my needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎