Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

^ would you be for a law against stupid people because there are so many shitty TV shows that are easier to watch than a documentary on the origin of cosmos?

maybe i just don't get your point...
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I don't think such drastic laws are necessary, but some laws are. Look at how the US demolished the tobacco industry with the help of lawmakers. The food industry is next. It's only a matter of time.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

I think the nation's work culture and the typical diet is a large factor as well. I can't imagine trying to maintain a healthy waistline being a Japanese salaryman!

I hate a lot of Kyung Lah's semi-sensationalist work for CNN Asia
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

I feel that shipping stuff from england to sweden should go fast and just over the sea, direct. but it has to take a detour down to germany apparently. I should take a class in logistic.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

For those who watch SpongeBob Squarepants...did you ever realise that 'Mr. Crabs' lives in 'Bikini Bottom'...I found that hilarious when I noticed.

^ I think it has to do with what is more organisationally cost-effective than what is more literally efficient for them. Stupid, but that's the world!

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

yes, probably. they had to delay the expected delivery day too, due to one extra day in another german town.

guess every german has tried my jacket on by now!

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

^Yes, but it didn't fit anybody so we threw it away.

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                  ^^ Going for value, I'd recommend Asus as well magic. However if you got a little extra to splurge, I heard macbooks have dramatically gone down in price which makes it reletively affordable now. They're worth it too for the most part.

I've had my VAIO for 3 years now and it's still going good...but certainly not worth the money unless you do some shady things..
                  Thanks K^ yeah, saw both in same spec but vaio seem to be like 150 more. After some research and knew asus have done notebook for some company like Apple..not sure if its still though
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

the whitney is building a new museum in the meatpacking..

renzo piano as architect. he did an amazing job on AIC's modern wing last year..

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                      ^Yes, but it didn't fit anybody so we threw it away.

Comment

• whitney
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                        ^ would you be for a law against stupid people because there are so many shitty TV shows that are easier to watch than a documentary on the origin of cosmos?

maybe i just don't get your point...
                        I am full of conspiracy theories but in the end it's really simple--money and power. how to get money and power and keep others from getting it.

keep them dumb thinking they're educated by giving them schools that really don't teach (speaking strictly of America)

give them cheap food that is horrible for the body but who cares? that's what drugs and insurance is for and if they can't afford that then they'll end up in the hospital..plus you can argue that with food so cheap the cost of living can be lowered, thus minimum wage lowered,

I could go on..but I'll spare with the crazy and rants..since
                        I love fast food on the occasion and watch tv now and then..I do feel hypocritical if not for the fact that I stand by life is too short and I understand the consequences.
                        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

Regarding food and fatness, I absolutely think the gov’t should start making laws to crack down on it if only because the way our insurance system is currently set up means the cost of someone elses gluttony is shared by all.

As long as health care continues to far outpace inflation then there will continue to be very little wage growth. If you work with a bunch of overweight/unhealthy folks that go to the doctor more often, then your company has to accept this increased costs of insuring them and take it out of everyone’s salary (ie. smaller raise). Combine this with the ongoing generational theft taking place with social security/medicare and it can be a troubling thought.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                            • Jan 2007

hay whitney

Originally posted by jogu
                            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• ronin
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2009

The problem I see with this kind of law is that it's treating people like children. Both by punishing them for not reaching goals that are set for them, and by not telling them why those goals are set. Claiming it's for their own good would be even more infantilazing. It's not worse that many marketing strategies, but from a government, it is a bit startling. But then I don't know how the Japanese people relates to its government.
                              Maybe financially encouraging companies that offer a affordable, healthy alternative to junk snacking or lunch on the go would be a smoother way to get the message accross. Although it might be even more guilt provoking, underlining that now they have the choice, and can choose to go on the right path...
                              But what about people who are overweight due to illness? Do they just get fired?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ronin View Post
                                The problem I see with this kind of law is that it's treating people like children. Both by punishing them for not reaching goals that are set for them, and by not telling them why those goals are set. Claiming it's for their own good would be even more infantilazing. It's not worse that many marketing strategies, but from a government, it is a bit startling. But then I don't know how the Japanese people relates to its government.
                                Maybe financially encouraging companies that offer a affordable, healthy alternative to junk snacking or lunch on the go would be a smoother way to get the message accross. Although it might be even more guilt provoking, underlining that now they have the choice, and can choose to go on the right path...
                                But what about people who are overweight due to illness? Do they just get fired?
                                Yes, but that's how America works. Mostly due to its legal system.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎