• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Doesn't tethering also cost money?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Music & movies cost money too. Depends on if you chose to pay for them.

Also, some service providers don't charge...depends on the company and your plan, etc.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        jailbreak your phone and use MYWI or PDANET to tether. I use MYWI and was even able to find a cracked version so I didn't even pay for that.

I have an original AT&T contract with unlimited data. supposedly they monitor spikes in data usage but I don't intend to stream movies or use huge amount of data transfers while tethered so yeah,tethering is FREE

just hope it continues with the eventual release of iPhone 5. i'm pretty confident that it will

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          Also, some service providers don't charge...depends on the company and your plan, etc.
          do some companies actually charge for tethering in addition to data usage? or are you referring to just regular data transfer which depends on your contract?
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            do some companies actually charge for tethering in addition to data usage? or are you referring to just regular data transfer which depends on your contract?
            They charge extra for tethering...at least mine does. They charge per MB.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

never heard of this to be honest, definitely not the case here...

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by munch View Post
                never heard of this to be honest, definitely not the case here...
                Canada is ridiculous when it comes to charging for everything. We have appallingly overpriced plans here.

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

info here

more here

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

Canada is ridiculous when it comes to charging for everything. We have appallingly overpriced plans here.
                    really? aw shit. I'm going to be there for a few years in a bit... oh well. not a deal breaker!

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

wow, that strange.. how do they determine if you are tethering or not? by the amount of data?
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sshum88
                        • Dec 2007

Agreed...the data plans for all the major carriers are quite high so you really have to watch your usage for surfing the net etc. Not all the carriers will charge you a tethering fee now but they always find new ways to get $$ out of you. Canada tried to introduce new players into the market place dominated by Bell, Telus, and Rogers but the uptake has been slow.

In the beginning, the carriers would offer a data plan for either your iPhone or your iPad separately. You couldn't share the same data plan across both devices, forcing you to buy another plan. I'm not sure how they controlled this...my guess is through SW.

wow, that strange.. how do they determine if you are tethering or not? by the amount of data?
                        Last edited by sshum88; 02-18-2012, 11:00 AM.
                        Originally posted by eat me
                        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

yeah, they look for spikes in data usage. they have a baseline of your phone's usage and when they see a dramatic increase they know sumthin supp... but anytime someone intends to stream large chunks of data, I would think they would have a legit wifi source available .I'm pretty sure I would anyway. I would only tether when nuthin else was available and then it would be just for simple net access. It's been working well for my laptop.

Comment

• Fenix
                            • Aug 2010

Does anyone know of a decent app that can track data usage? It needs to be granular enough to specify how much data a specific application is using.

I have something on my phone that is pulling a significant amount of data but cannot determine what it is.
                            Originally posted by hausofblaq
                            Grow up.

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

I will be VERY disappointed if the next iPad is 2s and not 3

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                                • Oct 2011

Fenix: What type of phone? For iOS you'll definitely need to jailbreak, or alternatively try and work it out using WiFi and set up a box on your home network to track usage/log and record requests.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎