• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    Sombre,
    you are not one of his disciples are you?

I think that quote is one of the dumbest arguments ever written............the deceptiveness of it is that its well written

No. I've actually never read his work. But there is a point to the quote. Maybe vengeful isn't the right word, but condemning certainly is on the mark. Think of the Tiger Woods scandal late last year. People wanted all his sponsors and the golf community to turn against the man, when the only people the matter concerned were him and his family (and to some extent, the mistresses). Interestingly enough, "live and let live" doesn't seem to be part of that belief system.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• whitney
        • Dec 2009

gilt has yohji tulle that is ♥ but slightly out of my budget
        the booties on linde is but sold out of my size in preorder >.<
        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

I have to pack all my shit. Gah!
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

What would you do if you're child's a brat?
            Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat.

I don't know. Wouldn't want him to get orange on my Margiela.
            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

As a christian, I think Lev Shestov is 100% on point. what he describes is scapegoating, which is often misrepresented as morality, whereas it is one of the least moral social acts possible. the basis of christian morality is love and forgiveness and compassion. I thought of all people you zam would at least have been aware of that.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                ...a skatevideo I'm making.
                Please post an announcement when its done.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                  • Jan 2010

Never, ever, fight for a girl with your own friend. The outcome just isn't worth it; you've known your friend for years, she's just another girl.

Fucccck.
                  MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ Sure, but can you have sex with your friend? No.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Amir
                      • May 2010

Solo-vacation

I'm thinking of going on a vacation for a week, alone. I was really thinking of somewhere like Tunisia. Generally speaking I'm imagining southern parts of Europe & northern parts of Africa.

Ideally I'd like to go somewhere to "hang out", read books, and enjoy the great weather. Maybe even socialize with strangers a bit.

Was wondering if any of you guys have done anything similar and/or if you have any secret locations you'd like to reveal? Or any other tips/comments..

Thank you

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                        • Jan 2010

Only after I've put my shakalaka into her hulubangas did I find out that my good buddy had put it there first. That kinda counts as having sex with my friend, right? :P

And this is someone who goes "Dude, just go for her, don't worry bout me, I'm trying to get back with my ex".

The only thing that can make me happy now, are Adeline's summer sarouel coming in the mail. And chocolates.
                        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                          No. I've actually never read his work. But there is a point to the quote. Maybe vengeful isn't the right word, but condemning certainly is on the mark. Think of the Tiger Woods scandal late last year. People wanted all his sponsors and the golf community to turn against the man, when the only people the matter concerned were him and his family (and to some extent, the mistresses). Interestingly enough, "live and let live" doesn't seem to be part of that belief system.
                          I can say that I am one of the most "moral" persons that I know. but anyone who has morals without compassion, is undermining the very essence of morality. Justice is central to any kind of moral system that we are going to hold, and mercy and forgiveness is just as valid a sector of justice as indignation and punishment.

If you read my posts a while back about tiger woods, My argument was that whatever he did was between him and his family, as being a good Golfer has nothing to do with being a man of pristine conduct. whatever he was being held accountable to was not what he told us he was, but a perception that we had built up in our minds of him that wasn't his reality.

I dont subscribe to the Idea of "live and let live" because whether we want to accept it or not, our actions, regardless of how insignificant they seem, always bring about consequences that affect other human beings...........Since your actions or your decisions will affect me, I cannot just allow you to do whatever you want because the consequences to me might be devastating, hence the need for laws.........and codes of morality.........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            As a christian, I think Lev Shestov is 100% on point. what he describes is scapegoating, which is often misrepresented as morality, whereas it is one of the least moral social acts possible. the basis of christian morality is love and forgiveness and compassion. I thought of all people you zam would at least have been aware of that.

I didn't see your post, of course I am indeed aware of that...............which is the very reason I played a sly game by asking
                            "you are not one of his disciples are you?"
                            which is actually quoting from St. John 18, where Peter was asked if he was a disciple of Jesus and he denied it, ( like Sombre is doing here)
                            I asked the question because Jesus is at the Center and a transcendent beam of all true Christian morality..............

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Back at home working, slept in my bed last night after spending 17 hours in jail for reasons I am still trying to figure out. Stupid overeager cops and a corrupt justice system who want to make criminals out of law abiding individuals.
                              Still dont know exactly why I was arrested, and offered a plea bargain for made up charges.............when I protested I will accept no plea bargain for charges of which I am 100% certain I am innocent, they threatened to lock me up again, thinking i would be intimidated. heck, I wasn't, and the war between myself and the state has just began!

One Cop even had the audacity to suggest that maybe I didn't pay my Child support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I said listen, I am a happily married monogamous man, who is expecting my first child so get the heck away from me with that,........... she said "Oh, well the judge will explain everything to you..........."

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

WTF? Child support? That doesn't even make sense. That's scary. I hope everything works out.
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎