X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

i agree, always liked the various layer length you could create with rick tees, sweaters, etc. but a floor length skirt on a man just doesn't make any sense to me in any context

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Who the fuck wants to go a sports bar anyway?

The way I see the whole men in skirts shabang, especially in Rick's aesthetic, originally, it's a similar silhouette to having a long inner layer and a short outer layers. So if you wear one of those long one button Rick cardigans and a leather on top, it creates a similar silhouette (plus his obsession with the clergy dress). But now these are full on skirts, constricting in a feminine way - personally, not crazy about it. We are no longer in kilt territory.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
      not you,apparently
      , no. I used to, but I just don't enjoy them anymore. Douchebag patrons, douchy waitresses, subpar food and beer, always overcrowded. I'd rather watch a game home with friends.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Carcass
        • May 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        i agree, always liked the various layer length you could create with rick tees, sweaters, etc. but a floor length skirt on a man just doesn't make any sense to me in any context
        But it's the logical conclusion of layer lengths! He just went for it, instead of inching towards it after several seasons. It may not look the best, but now he can move away from the skirt/dress.

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

I watch games @home most of the time as well but sometimes it's nice to share that 'gang spirit' afforded by sbs

yesterday was pretty fun

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

what is this "sports bar" you all are speaking of? also, "ohio"? not familiar.

anyway, I like the floor length skirts...I don't see any reason for debate...if a guy wants to wear a skirt, who cares? if another guy isn't comfotable in one...don't wear one.

what I dont' get is this - luisaviaroma selling 100% cotton for $500ish; antonioli 95% cotton, 5% PU. I assume luisa is selling the drkshdw version? they look (don't know how they feel) identical.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

hey man, I couldn't care less what anyone wears anywhere ever. I was just expressin MY opinion on the look. if ya dig, by all means go for it.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

yea, let's not debate stuff.

Comment

• unlike some people in here i'm able to create my own context ;)

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

what was that about an air of superiority?......

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        what was that about an air of superiority?......
                        are you being serious or tongue in cheek like I was?

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

the latter, of course.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

dane - the lvr one (drkshdw) is actually 98 % cotton 2 % elastane - their online info is wrong. it's a double construction, in a matte (black) cotton poplin with a bit of stretch when moving.

i think the antonioli one (mainline) is polyurethane-coated (?) cotton. there's also a small difference in the stitching detail on the back. lvr one is vertical, antonioli horizontal (along the waistband).

i went for the lvr one, cause yeah, i'm not paying that difference unless the mainline one is something other than cotton with just some sort of invisible treatment, or there is some difference in cut. which there isn't.

ps. kunk, it looks less girly walking. not that i think i'd ever be able to convince u to go for it.
                            Last edited by Shucks; 01-16-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

And again. Touristy past few days

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                dane - the lvr one (drkshdw) is actually 98 % cotton 2 % elastane - their online info is wrong. i think the antonioli one (mainline) is polyurethane-coated cotton. there's also a small difference in the stitching detail on the back. lvr one is vertical, antonioli horizontal (along the waistband).

i went for the lvr one, cause yeah, i'm not paying that difference unless the mainline one is something other than cotton with just some sort of invisible treatment, or there is some difference in cut. which there isn't.

ps. kunk, it looks less girly walking. not that i think i'd ever be able to convince u to go for it.
                                good call...I can't imagine pu coated cotton will be anything extraordinarily nicer than cotton with a bit of stretch...also thinking that bit of stretch might help with movement.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎