• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tobsucht
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
    Thanks for the tip, seems to work good.
    But you are not using the whisk to pre-stir it, do you? A regular spoon?
    for the first stiring you can use the cha-sen as well. a spoon would give you a hard time i guess...

€: the following (german) vid is quite good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4m6dWh5xdo

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
      • Oct 2009

Had to share this.
      VEGAN BLACK METAL CHEF!
      Get more vegan cooking videos and support this project for only $1 a month on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/veganblackmetalchef?ty=hYear 1 DVD For Sale! ...

ENJOY! :-)
      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Zenith
        • Jun 2009

Speaking of tea, I love bai mu dan. So much more flavor than silver needle and so much cheaper

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

has anyone been to M Wells?

my friend can't even make a reservation because they won't pick up the phone. so we get their early around 6:30 and the place had a 2 hour wait for walk-ins. they even told some woman with a 3 week reservation they couldn't seat her guests as planned. i thought this was just an upscale poutine diner..

Comment

• Acéphale
            • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              there's a feature on the new 5-volume series "Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking" on NYT.

this is supposed to be the ultimate cookbook. the pictures are out of this world. some of the best food still lifes i've ever seen. and i thought the ones from charlie trotter were good..

The photography in the encyclopedic new book is an arresting mix of stunning images and clear-eyed illustration.
              Re: this book.
              As mentioned before, my father pre-ordered it and got it some weeks ago. He is going crazy over it, really an awesome book.
              After preparing the best steak I ever had (cooking sous-vide, roasting it with a Bunsen burner) he is now cooking sous-vide meshed potatoes
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

hmm might be going to Vienna in a bit. what should I try to eat? wiener schnitzel and sachertorte I gotta try but I don't really know much about austrian food nor if there are any really good restaurants there :) thanks
                Last edited by munch; 09-23-2011, 05:37 PM. Reason: is.. are.. mega fail.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I love those sausage kiosks. A proper sausage, a slice of black bread and a beer - heaven. It ain't no fucking hot dog. Also, the coffee culture in Vienna is outstanding.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheThief
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I love those sausage kiosks. A proper sausage, a slice of black bread and a beer - heaven. It ain't no fucking hot dog. Also, the coffee culture in Vienna is outstanding.
                    I'm sure it's nowhere near the same as eating in Vienna but next time youre in the city we'll have to head up to Hallo Berlin - it's pretty outstanding in its own right. Sausage sandwhich on me.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Any drinks I absolutely must order at Aviary?
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                        I'm sure it's nowhere near the same as eating in Vienna but next time youre in the city we'll have to head up to Hallo Berlin - it's pretty outstanding in its own right. Sausage sandwhich on me.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hallo-berlin...stand-new-york
                        Sounds good to me.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kowei
                          • Jul 2010

What's the best cup noodles? Totally lost in my Japanese grocery. UFO?

Comment

• t-bone
                            • Dec 2009

Rhode island weekend grillage. Local pastured steaks, red peppers, scallions, tomato salad with herbed buttermilk dressing. Not pictured: Corn on the cob, and grilled peaches with Brickley's Homemade pistachio ice cream for dessert.

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

You would post in this thread.

Comment

• munch
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                hmmm that does sound great! I did read a little about their coffee shop culture, seems cute. hope the coffee is as good as the culture. thanks!

more recommendations for like.. actual restaurants are welcome!
                                I think I found where to get a good schnitzel and all, Figlmüller. comments on that?

cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎