Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grazzesto
    • Mar 2010

"Smart" phones work wonders when you're amongst groups of people that you just really don't want to pay attention to while waiting for something.

On the other hand, a couple of my friends are like.. 24/7 waking hour facebookers now because of their smart phones, super annoying when you try talking to someone and they have their nose buried in their phones.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arcane View Post

Seriously, I have always been in love with Apple since I got my first Apple computer 15 years ago but, out of curiousity, do you guys use the iPhone to it's full potential?
      I think I do. I especially need email in my line of work where I can be on the go but still working. I also use it to read the news on the subway, or whenever an urge to reread parts of Hamlet strikes me in a park. I use the Ebay and PayPal applications on it, to check my bank balance and see if I got new payments without walking to the ATM, the dictionary when I am reading on the couch and too lazy to get up and walk over to the computer, Skype when I want to lay comfortably on the couch, to find whether a certain restaurant I suddenly recalled is open for lunch without walking there (and to see their menu while I'm at it), stick a new movie recommendation that suddenly comes up in a conversation in my Netflix cue, updating my wishlist on Amazon when I see a book that I like in the store but now that I can get it cheaper, listening to music in the car, etc. etc.

Basically, I find this a very useful gadget when it comes to impulsive behavior, of which I am full.

/\ Ok, some people get paid to write this, you know!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Also, next level shit (which I imagine has already been implemented 5 years ago in more advanced Asian countries) - Chase bank now lets you deposit checks remotely, by snapping a picture of the check with your iphone and sending it to them. Sick.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

It's Phone! It's Air! It's 4! Well, actually it's barely a phone, let alone the other two things.

a must have for you technology lovers!!!!

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

had multiple iphones until i crossed over to the crackberry bold territory....loved it. (reception for me on the iphones was crap - apps were great though)
            bold got stolen - bought a curve - mehhhhhh.....hated it. traded it for an htc tilt2....now i regret not buying the iphone4..
            the lesson?
            one can never leave the iphone....you will always come back to it. now i just hope santa brings me one for christmas. if i keep losing sleep over not having the damn thing im just gonna go buy one and toss the tilt into the river....or "gregslist" as i heard it referred to today on judge judy.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

For those with macs slim metal keyboards, how do you clean them? Mine needs a serious cleaning job.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

if you are a the point of throwing it out, try running it in the dishwasher. i did this on a bad spill and waited for it to dry before using. it worked..

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                  • Dec 2009

a microfiber towel and small amounts of pretty warm water maybe mixed with isopropyl
                  then q-tips in b/w the keys
                  polish it off with the environmental duster
                  and if you really need to take it there:
                  Slow motion is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-c25TzJ-YcThis is video that helps to extract keys from MacBook keyboard for cleaning or changing keys l...

Comment

• Marko
                    • Jul 2009

Yeah, I always used a small amount of rubbing alcohol with a paper towel and some q tips to clean mine. They can get pretty gross and I found that works best.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

thanks, everyone.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

finally changed to a decent phone. been using cheap shit 'callandsmsonly' phones for a good number of years now. just got the iphone4. anw. any recommended apps for the camera? or is the native camera app good enough??

Comment

• Enaml
                          • Apr 2009

Native camera is pretty good for a phone, IMO. If you just want something silly to play around with, there's an app called 'hipstamatic'. You can probably guess the rest.
                          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

yea saw that around with the effects and all. but i just got the Pro HDR app. basically it does the same thing as the native HDR on the iphone, but as a dedicated app, it does it better for most of the time. still playing around with it, app takes slightly longer to capture the photos, but im pretty satisfied with the results thus far.

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

I haven't seen that app before. Looks pretty nice, actually, at a reasonable price. Most camera apps I see are more or less effect-oriented apps that take a normal photograph and add effects/filters immediately after that would honestly look better-done in photoshop anyways.
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

yea i was looking one to replace/supplement the native camera app. didnt bother with those that did after-effects. got a self-timer app too. its weird that apple doesnt include that in the native app

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎