Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

not sure about the leather knit from 06. i didn't see it in the lookbook i have, but i'm sure he produced pieces outside of what's seen.

about the bomber, i remember reading (i think it was in this thread?) that it was translucent horse leather. not sure though.

Comment

• eaglewood
      • Feb 2007

I really like that grey bomber jacket in the women's collection.

I seem to recall that he made boots out of that translucent leather. I find it a bit too like skin and it gives me a shiver. It might be interesting to feel it but the impression that you get looking at it is that it is stiff and perhaps a bit cold. It might be OK if it is soft.

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by eaglewood View Post
        I seem to recall that he made boots out of that translucent leather. I find it a bit too like skin and it gives me a shiver.
        I think this is exactly why I find it so compelling. the garment literally (visually) entangles the wearer's flesh and the worn leather, thereby touching on clothing's fundamental place at the threshold between subject and object, the unheilmliche interstice par excellence, making a reactive shiver all the more fitting. I especially like the transparent leather in its glove application, which brings a whole new level of precision to merz's carapace characterization. I wish I had the means to outfit myself in densely layered CCP with the principle of ecdysis holding conceptual compass. one could moult beautifully with the seasons. And while I'm wishing, I wish carol would address the formal qualities of insects more directly in his work, in terms of materials as well as construction principles, e.g., scar stitched face masks culled from the black meat of the giant brazilian aquatic centipede.

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

Thank you for all of the pics It is quite nice to see so much together.

I really want to see these at another angle.
          There is a shadow, so there is a heel of some sort...more female ccp please

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

I find the womens"wear" quite unpleasant to look at. It's to his credit that he stopped doing this.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Thanks for sharing, Kev !

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

really i think these are stunning really really beautiful i also love his choice in model

i can see how people find them unplesant but this is why they are so beautiful

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

That model is quite disturbing. I suppose he wants to force us to look at disfigurement in order to get over the initial repulsion. Probably even to acknowledge that it's wrong to be repulsed by this and we should be empathetic instead.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    That model is quite disturbing. I suppose he wants to force us to look at disfigurement in order to get over the initial repulsion. Probably even to acknowledge that it's wrong to be repulsed by this and we should be empathetic instead.
                    Not so much, since she's still got (a part of) the face and the body of a model. This would make me think, once again, that he's trying so hard to be an artist, but remains a designer.

Scar echoing the stitching : good or bad taste ?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

You don't find her disturbing because you feel it's too stylized, is that it? That makes sense.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        You don't find her disturbing because you feel it's too stylized, is that it? That makes sense.
                        Not only stylized. She's not a freak. She's a model (beautifull face + beautifull body) who got an accident. But an accidented model is still a model. And that's the reason, I guess, why she's been choosen.

EDIT : Is she really real, means not a photoshoped one ?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Well, I suppose for anatomical reasons she fit (he still needed to model the clothes). I don't know if she's a professional model - somehow I doubt that. Speaking of "real" freaks - do you remember the infamous Galliano show where he sent a freak circus down the runway? Talk about epic.

I don't know if that's pshopped or not - anything is possible.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uparmoured
                            • Sep 2007

I think it is two strips of sticky tape on the face... Diagonal for the lip and vertical for the eye.... That was my first impression at least...

Thanks so much for the pictures kev...
                            FS: M.A+
                            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

That's probably it, Uparmoured.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

yea for a scar that looks very wide to go all the from the mouth over the eyelid. could be taped or masked.

anyway, I can see how its a bit disturbing, but also a very interesting idea and something you could easily expect from Carol.. the girl is very pretty but scarred.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎