X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierce
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

Its a bit arrogant on the designer's part to charge 3000 for a pair of shoes. Because thats all they are. The art thing doesn't stand up. A display of skill or a nice idea, but art no.
    To drop 3,000 on shoes, you'd want to have around 1 million in the bank, but I think anyone with 1 million in the bank, probably has it because they wouldn't pay 3000 for a pair of shoes if you know what I mean.
    I also have a suspicion that the majority of MA+ customers don't have that kind of money.

Comment

• fenrost
      Banned
      • Mar 2009

perhaps, amadei have decided to up his ante against poell.. and more of these label should follow suit. GG

anyway, my opinion is that they are better of, not necessarily possessed, but just to be admired. :\

unless your balls enough. ;)

Comment

• pierce
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

Also I think alot of people on this forum use price as a way of judging an item, if its expensive then its got to be the best. I'm not a fan of this to be honest, as it can be abit like the emperors new clothes.
        I don't see anything special in MA+ or CCP, in fact alot of the leathers are downright ugly. They suit some poeple (6"3 and can carry off the long arms), but from the people I see wearing them in the wywt thread, they look like the were bought on the internet for the internet.

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Tyro View Post

I think the art example in a better example than mortalveneer's diamond goods example, because the rarity of these clothes insnt increased as the price goes up.
          BUT if the increasing prices decreases the number of people out there who can afford to acquire the good, then YES, the rarity DOES increase as the prices goes up...
          I am not who you think I am

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

Taking this point further, do these clothes really differ from art and the pricing associated with it?
            yes. people don't buy a 3k pair of shoes, store it in a temperature controlled room for 10 years and expect to turn it around for profit. there is already enough crap deemed rare and valuable, adding clothing and accessories to the list wouldn't make any sense..

maybe if it was carol X murakami virgin kangaroo boots..
            or prince charles' ro trainers..

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by pierce View Post
              Also I think alot of people on this forum use price as a way of judging an item, if its expensive then its got to be the best. I'm not a fan of this to be honest, as it can be abit like the emperors new clothes.
              I don't see anything special in MA+ or CCP, in fact alot of the leathers are downright ugly. They suit some poeple (6"3 and can carry off the long arms), but from the people I see wearing them in the wywt thread, they look like the were bought on the internet for the internet.
              well, i know for a fact that alot of people outside of the internet, goes into retail, irregardless of the price tag, saw them, learn about them, and buy them.

again, those pictures you posted, are not necessarily to be deemed as "perfect fit". by logic, clothes should be tried physically as they varies to individuals. There are alot of great waywt of these labels being worn.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              yes. people don't buy a 3k pair of shoes, store it in a temperature controlled room for 10 years and expect to turn it around for profit. there is already enough crap deemed rare and valuable, adding clothing and accessories to the list wouldn't make any sense..

let's just put it this way, the price tag could mean it's targeted to a different level of the market.

in some way, i feel how sufuers sees szers.

Comment

• pierce
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

I was just looking back through the wywt thread to find some examples and it seems the point I made already has come up.

Also, interest1 made a good point a while back in reference to seemey, about some people just looking good in anything. Also rick owens quote about the new couture being the gym. I'm also starting to think that brand obsession and especially high end brands like ccp and ma+ is a male thing. Maybe its the brand and its associated price and what that means to the owner that becomes the most important thing, over how it *really* makes you look.

Comment

• fenrost
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by pierce View Post
                  I was just looking back through the wywt thread to find some examples and it seems the point I made already has come up.

Also, interest1 made a good point a while back in reference to seemey, about some people just looking good in anything. Also rick owens quote about the new couture being the gym. I'm also starting to think that brand obsession and especially high end brands like ccp and ma+ is a male thing. Maybe its the brand and its associated price and what that means to the owner that becomes the most important thing, over how it *really* makes you look.
                  well, ill-fitting has nothing to do with these labels. :\ they can be a hit and miss like any others..

For me, my obsession of ccp is his so called experiments.. :) I would love to know if there is another ccp, hopefully more affordable. :)

Comment

• Tyro
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

I hope most people dont buy art as an investment, maybe I'm naive.

and how about a fiber glass unwearable CCP coat, why would someone buy that?

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

^ Because it's a badass thing to do.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• pierce
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                        ^ Because it's a badass thing to do.
                        So they can post themselves wearing it in the wywt thread

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

I hope most people dont buy art as an investment, maybe I'm naive.

and how about a fiber glass unwearable CCP coat, why would someone buy that?
                          because when people have money they can buy whatever they want and do as they please........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Tyro
                            • Nov 2008

/\ for sure, I dont question people's reasons for buying things, that was more in response to endersgame's point.

Comment

• pierce
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

I like to question why people buy certain things as I produce and sell things as well. There are many and varied reasons thats for sure.

Comment

• alice anise
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                                well, ill-fitting has nothing to do with these labels. :\ they can be a hit and miss like any others..

For me, my obsession of ccp is his so called experiments.. :) I would love to know if there is another ccp, hopefully more affordable. :)
                                This sounds like circular reasoning and is precisely what is being called into question. Whether it is M.A+/LUC and their fabric choices, RO/ANN/YY/DD and their sensual universe, or CCP and his experimental design, do the pricepoints accurately reflect the creative process at work or is the premium solely indicative of an aura that attracts a wealthy/elitest consumer base? Is it a coincidence that a significant percentage of their clientele work in the fine arts field?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎