• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aphex27
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Kunk has those and no one takes him seriously either

I think what Christian is saying is that maybe you are not looking close enough. I don't like how these look either on those tiny photos. Maybe I'd like them in real life? I don't know.
    Maybe...but a designer who takes as many risks as Poell is bound to have some failures. This boot is a failure imho.
    I don't get why I'm being talked to (not by you) like I just proclaimed Mohamed a fag in the middle of Riyadh square...

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by aphex27 View Post
      2. Absolutely agree about clothes. It's (almost) all about the fit and how they look worn. Shoes...I don't think there's a big difference...unless you mean how the context changes depending on the rest of the attire...
      No, there is a big difference, since shoes and boots are seen from above when worn - and clothes, not really. For example, a lot of people here thought that the trek sole - and the arch - were to heavily visible and ruined the formal dimension of the 2010 shoes. But when they're worn, these details become almost invisible, and you see them only in some occasions, for example, when one is sitting and crossing his legs, showing the sole detail. The rest of the time, they're very close to the other shape.

In addition, my first remark was not against your statment that these boots were ugly, even though I disagree, but against the lack of explanation why they should be.

Comment

• Darklands
        Banned
        • Nov 2008

CCP reversible leather jkt

the leather in this jkt is typically Carol in that it is quite stiff. clearly, when the jkt is broken in and the leather becomes softer and more supple, it will not have any 'awkward pulling across the chest when closed'.

one of these two pieces will go down in the books as an iconic Carol piece and i can almost guarantee, that it won't be the denim jkt. as always things that are very fresh also look quite odd to the eye initially.

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
        The fit pictures of the leather wonton jacket are up on darklands:

It is no-doubt a ridiculous jacket, but I quite like the fit when worn open. I think the neck strap that is used to shape the 'collar' is much too chunky and really offers no functionality - the shape and fit it provides seems arbitrary in the grand scheme of the jacket. I think it would look better if it were more integrated, though I know this goes against a major part of his aesthetic (exposed shanks, unlined jackets, exposed titanium and what not).

I think this style works a little better in the denim version, though I get the impression that people think everything is superior in leather. The denim version doesn't get (as much of) the awkward pulling across the chest when closed.

edit: here is a post by copacetic which is still relevant. And more eloquent.

Comment

• hallucination
          • Jan 2011

Conceptually speaking, I find metre article with selvedge technique (irregardless denim/suiting/coating fabrics) applied are much more relevant in the dead-end collection since it reflects purity of the edge on the article, more so than the od leather or the od synthetic polyester.

That said, roll aside all these psychological / philosophical / becase-its-ccp blanket (because really... who cares?) and all I see is -

Comment

• Darklands
            Banned
            • Nov 2008

HD

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
            Conceptually speaking, I find metre article with selvedge technique (irregardless denim/suiting/coating fabrics) applied are much more relevant in the dead-end collection since it reflects purity of the edge on the article, more so than the od leather or the od synthetic polyester.

That said, roll aside all these psychological / philosophical / becase-its-ccp blanket (because really... who cares?) and all I see is -

beautiful illustration . . . wonder why he is wearing his shoes on the wrong feet . . .

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Mentioning the self-edge technique against the dead-end is something that really wasn't discussed when this collection was released. At least not that I saw. I feel it's one of, if not the key construction point that was driving the collection in the first place. Polar opposites shown together. Fluidity vs. the concrete. Never ending vs. a dead-end (my bad for the pun).

I think the wonton looks Ok open but the most impressive attribute is of design and construction. Given the idea behind it this is probably as good as it gets. What if the entire piece was dropped a few inches, as in the arm holes cut higher in the square? Would lead to a more blooming neckline and a more "normal" looking piece. Not saying it's a good thing but I'd like to see it to compare.

Comment

• poellharnden
                Banned
                • Nov 2011

Difficult to know what is to say here. If you say I love CCP you get ban and if you say you don't like people say you are wrong. This big neck jacket is one square fabric with arms. It is funny on purpose. I saw in Rome.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

How about you don't say anything for awhile.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

how about posting something that one other person besides yourself might find even slightly interesting? you have 10 posts and they are already repetitive. "I saw this in a store" or "I like this" hardly contribute to an interesting discussion.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• copacetic
                      • Nov 2010

i agree that the self-edge fabric is more relevant to the collection than the leather on this metre jacket. so, conceptually, that's the piece that's more "iconic." however, "coveted" isn't the same as "iconic." i can agree that the leather version could be the grail that people are trying to track down next year.

i'm going to insist that the jacket doesn't make the wearer look like an egg or a wonton. but, i'm not sure that the pulling at the chest will go away. i think it's supposed to be there. i have the gray long-sleeve rollneck from darklands, and it's cut in a very similar way. the concept seems to be the same as the metre jacket. and, the fabric pulls across the chest (in a flattering way, i think.)

the innovation from this cut is that it makes the wearer look super tall. the bunched up collar ends up looking from the front and back like the human trapezius muscle and raised shoulder and collarbone. so, it takes the torso and creates the illustion of it being raised (not necessarily elongated) 6 inches or so.
                      And "When the prince has gathered about him
                      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                        the innovation from this cut is that it makes the wearer look super tall. the bunched up collar ends up looking from the front and back like the human trapezius muscle and raised shoulder and collarbone. so, it takes the torso and creates the illustion of it being raised (not necessarily elongated) 6 inches or so.
                        interesting, i'd like to see a fit pic. come on ccp fan boys, show us what you've got! the fact that most ccp buyers here just speak about the clothes / show them in the recent purchases but never post in the waywt supports the view that ccp is for geeks only, and that's ashame.
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Personally I like to post in Recent Purchases and garment archives to give people a look at the clothing. It's always sparked interesting conversations through PM's. WAYWT ends up being a debate over sleeve lengths and other 'fit' related details and is rarely about the actual clothes.

Comment

• diorowen
                            • Aug 2010

Am I the only one who thinks the jacket is really good looking?

IMO, its not ridiculous at all.
                            the silhouette of high neck jacket has been around for quite while, and why does this jacket get all the bashing?

I believe when the leather is starting to get softer, it will looks really good. just like any other Carol's jacket. looks better after worn and characterized by the wearer.

and I guess, when it soften down, it will create a stacking line on the neck part, maybe something like a cowl neck jacket does.
                            Moreover just as copacetic said,
                            when I see the darklands fit pic, the first thing in my mind is, this guy body build looks really ...tall and kinda buffed.

second glimpse, its an illusion created by the leather jacket.

so,
                            DiorOwen approved this!
                            definitely innovative jacket that will be a grail one day

:)
                            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

yes, after a few wearings it will look like michelle duggar's vagina. I can't believe the jacket is really anything beyond an attempt at pushing the limits of consumer absurdity.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Yeah, we all know you think Poell sucks. So do the ugly-ass Doma shoes you are lusting after. Can we move on?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎