• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Majax View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but, as it comes to my mind... If you assume "good taste" is nothing but arbitrary (social) distinctions, i.e. pure conventions, don't you have to endorse a purely relativist position as far are as any aesthetic judgment is concerned?
    I was only saying that people who think that they're more subtle - i.e. have better taste - because they wear clothes without logo and "subtle" details are wrong. I was speaking of the wearers, their self-appreciation (that's why I was refering to Bourdieu, who's often only stating the obvious unfortunaltely) and, actually, their infatuation, I didn't say anything about the items, and their intrinsic qualities.

Actually, against any kind of sociological definition of what is art, I'm not at all a relativist, and I do think that there are "universal criterias" to evaluate a work of art (internal cohesiveness, semantic and semiological richness, over-determination, capacity to let the underlying psychic processes of the viewer/reader/listener play in various ways, etc.) - even though my purpose is more to understand how a work of art works, and what are the meanings/senses that it produces, than to evaluate it.

I like an Italian guido style in the streets of Milano, I like to see a rapper attire in the Parisian RER, I like a full monogram look on a girl in the waiting area of an airport when they're well done, i.e. when everything is cohesive - which is something different than harmonious.
    Last edited by Chant; 05-06-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

The Chrome Hearts Russian ghetto infiltration is now official. During my daughters swimming practice saw another parent in a logged CH tee paired with gray Nike sweatpants and Adidas Sambas.Priceless.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        The Chrome Hearts Russian ghetto infiltration is now official. During my daughters swimming practice saw another parent in a logged CH tee paired with gray Nike sweatpants and Adidas Sambas.Priceless.

would it have been so obvious if it weren't for your heightened sense of awareness based on this discussion?
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

actually, he had a nearly identical sighting a week ago
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

i dunno why someone would wear an overpriced tee shirt to swim practice but we're not ragging on nike and adidas are we? honestly, i have to sit through 4 hrs of little league each week, i aint getting dressed decently for it

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              actually, he had a nearly identical sighting a week ago
              Yep. Chrome Hearts has become their Dolce and Gabbana
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Yep. Chrome Hearts has become their Dolce and Gabbana
                Hang on, that's an implied compliment for DG right? You know I have a soft spot for them...
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Loving the CH wars! D&G is alive and well here, don't worry - Versace too.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• H-R
                    • May 2007

I'm more offended that he's pairing Nike with Adidas in the same outfit...

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

no really sz, but my second pair, colour is stunning

calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• myname
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                        ... I don't have a problem with Chrome Hearts jewllery (it's actually alright), but the majority of the people I see rocking Chrome Hearts merchandise (not the jewellery specifically) ruin it for me. Not because I'm better than them, or whatever bullshit; it's simply because we're different people. It's the association with a group that I don't feel like I belong with that's the problem...
                        Kuugaia, while I sympathize with you on this, if I had to like everyone that wore a particular brand - in order to wear it - I'd have to go naked.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything you don't already know, but there will always be someone that can "ruin" a brand for you. F' em.

Comment

• mizzar
                          • Mar 2008

Awesome fully lined and warm leather sleeve
                          Thank you libertyofstyle, thank you so much for going to such a leanth for me.
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.
                          ____
                          sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                            • Apr 2011

I know it may be a bit of an older item, but just picked this up from centrale... super soft, stacks real well in the arms (so I can wear gauntlet leather fingerless gloves with no overlap)

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

If you're going to post in recent purchases, let's stick to personal photos instead of links to retail outlets. Thanks.

There are times when people post items they've ordered and haven't even received yet, which strikes me as a little out of line with the idea the thread was created for.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

Its a cool shirt but out of curiosity did you pay full retail for something from ss11?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎