X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

would love the black longsleeved one in an xl. i will pm you.

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
    Hey there,

the store I'm buying for has both the sleeveless and the long sleeve version of this sweater ordered in black - feel free to contact me, we're accustomed to deal with international customers!

Comment

• nellytheelephant
      • Mar 2008

For me the top half of certain pieces can be quite overwhelming. It's probably sacriledge in these parts but one day I got sick and took a pair scizzors to two RO long-sleeved tops. They now fit me fine but I never wear them.

Funny, now that I think about it, I always felt a bit lost in Rick's more voluminous cuts, particularly the bottom half of his silhouette.

With his cropped length, dropped-crotch trousers, I tend to look like an awkward toothpick. It looks a bit better when I try similar styles in women's DRKSHDW or Lilies (even the women's flat zip up boots work better with their slightly slimmer-cut last than the men's), which lead me to the impression you better be a fit dude to wear the men's properly :/

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

^^me too. i cut 2 tee's that were for some reason way longer than my others. and i'm 6'2"
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• tricotineacetat
          • Aug 2009

Most of the tees and tanks are ridiculous long on me (they would normally reach the mid-thigh without the fabric to sit generously on the waist) and I'd say I have a fairly regularly long torso at a height of 1.81m... I also cut a tee before and I'm using the fabric band every once in a while like a turban/headband

Comment

• tricotineacetat
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            would love the black longsleeved one in an xl. i will pm you.
            Sorry to disappoint you, but I think we didn't order XL in this style...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Most of the tees and tanks are ridiculous long on me (they would normally reach the mid-thigh without the fabric to sit generously on the waist) and I'd say I have a fairly regularly long torso at a height of 1.81m... I also cut a tee before and I'm using the fabric band every once in a while like a turban/headband
              Oh, so THAT'S what they are! I thought Rick was introducing a line of mini dresses for men.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                • Mar 2008

It seems there is much impiousness here.

Glad I'm not alone.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

What are your thoughts on the kangaroo leather used for the jackets?

I very briefly felt and tried it at the RO NY store, and it reminded me quite abit of the silky lamb used last summer. Very soft, thin, light-weight. I remembered thinking it felt almost too precious and fragile, like I had to constantly make sure I don't accidentally damage the leather when wearing it. That was how i felt when i had my silky lamb SS09 moto collar.

That was the beginning of the year, and those were my thoughts then. Now, a temptation in the form of a kangaroo mollino presents itself...thus my question.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

Kangaroo is beautiful and strong, but thin. Therefore, it will stretch a lot and end up more with a cardigan feel than a leather because it will be incredibly unstructured. That being said, it seems like a go to jacket for warmer climates. I think it ends up with the drape of blistered lamb over time, though totally different in texture. I have a good friend with the Kangaroo Intarsia from S/S '10. He can basically shove the sleeves up to his elbows now.
                    Originally posted by DRRRK
                    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

tee hee...

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• nufish
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                        Kangaroo is beautiful and strong, but thin. Therefore, it will stretch a lot and end up more with a cardigan feel than a leather because it will be incredibly unstructured. That being said, it seems like a go to jacket for warmer climates. I think it ends up with the drape of blistered lamb over time, though totally different in texture. I have a good friend with the Kangaroo Intarsia from S/S '10. He can basically shove the sleeves up to his elbows now.
                        I was told by RO NY staff that the heavy kangaroo globa bomber is much thicker than other ss leather jackets. Not sure about other styles tho.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                          • Mar 2007

The heavy kangaroo is altogether different from the regular kangaroo used in the intarsia, mollino, etc...
                          The regular kangaroo is very very soft and thin...

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

can anybody tell me which ro tees are not crazy long? or is it just random depending on color/material/season?

Comment

• nufish
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                              The heavy kangaroo is altogether different from the regular kangaroo used in the intarsia, mollino, etc...
                              The regular kangaroo is very very soft and thin...
                              Thank you for clarifying. It's good to know since i do want it as a winter jacket...

Is the price for regular kangaroo as crazy as heavy kangaroo? The heavy kangaroo globa is still >$3,200 after 40% off..

Comment

• Addicted
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by nufish View Post
                                Thank you for clarifying. It's good to know since i do want it as a winter jacket...

Is the price for regular kangaroo as crazy as heavy kangaroo? The heavy kangaroo globa is still >$3,200 after 40% off..
                                it's not that bad considering you can turn around and probably get more than that for them once you decide you're done with it on SUFU

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎