Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diorowen
    • Aug 2010

@raw,
    Assin did, but very little selection for me.

not sure about Harrolds, haha, I just came there to check their Julius and SFTM stuff last time. well will check again :), thx for the info.

@jskidder,
    :) glad to know that other doesnt have the same experience as me. haha.
    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• ronald_bne
      • Jun 2010

harolds

A friend that worked at Harolds said no more BBS, this was about 1 year ago.

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

I've just been dealing with Paul and his team at 'The Serpentine' in Toronto. I have to say they are one of nicest teams I've dealt with. Incredibly friendly, professional, efficient and they put the customer first.
        Buy from them with absolute confidence.
        Last edited by eton97; 09-15-2013, 01:14 AM.
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

met Paul in Paris, cool guy
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• pantanal
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by agentred View Post
            I can't comment on returns/complicated requests, but I had a perfectly normal experience with Darklands - order placed, order received, end of story.
            I have had no issues with darklands orders at all. Did not do any returns though

Comment

• jordache
              • Dec 2011

Had a good transaction w/ Darklands as well. Emails were all answered within 24 hrs. Would definitely buy from them again as long as it's something they have in stock.
              Last edited by jordache; 09-16-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• savant
                • Jul 2011

^ Really? Darklands don't mark down value afaik

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

On a recent trip to NYC and had some time to visit a few of the sponsors here...

James at Atelier - new space is a big change from the old space at Hudson but still a very chill atmosphere and lots of new pieces in stock. Great to meet and deal with James.

Team at GrayMarket - managed to get out to Brooklyn and met Alex, Wei and Yoonji. Great people and a wide selection of items from past seasons. I spent a lot of time there just chatting and trying on items.

And I shouldn't forget Sydney's in Toronto...

Sandra & Sydney are great to deal with and there's always a lot of laughter in this very chill place.
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• pantanal
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by poopbong View Post
                    ^ Really? Darklands don't mark down value afaik
                    Darklands itself does not mark down...but they have another store in Berlin in Mitte that is a pop up and they have big mark downs..

seen LUC, A1923, etc etc in that store

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

Anyone have any issues with orders from Antonioli or Luisa Via Roma getting hit with customs/duties in the US? It's been a while since I ordered form either site.
                      Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• twmllr
                        • Sep 2013

just to note, LN-CC has absolutely great customer service, swift replies and package arrived beautifully packed,

Comment

• djt00
                          • Apr 2013

First of all, I wasn't able to find much information about this store, except their Facebook site. Cotton Club http://en.cottonclubshop.com They are located in Monza Italy and carry some brands that are worth checking.

My online shopping experience was great. I made an order last Sunday and it was shipped by DHL Express just two hours later. Received the item few days later and I'm very happy with it.

Comment

• furetto
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            the archive has given me the best service i've had yet in this corner of the fashion retail world. very personalized. i consider arthur a friend and we've never even met lol. lazzari and pnp and zekka as well. darklands too although i've never actually bought from them. which is a testament to campbell and co.'s epic patience.

hmm. i don't really have any complaints i guess.
                            Wonderful. I had recently a nightmare with shipping service of 24th of August Osaka shop. After 36 days the item come back to Japan. A really bad service.

Comment

• furetto
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by djt00 View Post
                              First of all, I wasn't able to find much information about this store, except their Facebook site. Cotton Club http://en.cottonclubshop.com They are located in Monza Italy and carry some brands that are worth checking.

My online shopping experience was great. I made an order last Sunday and it was shipped by DHL Express just two hours later. Received the item few days later and I'm very happy with it.
                              Dhl is good. Sda has become really negative!!

Comment

• CityHunter
                                • Apr 2011

I touched on H. Lorenzo before but...

I recently went to their tent sale that is going on now. I'm used to them throwing stuff at me saying, "This will look great on you. So will this. And This. I'll take it all to the dressing room for you" without me saying a word, so I wasn't bothered by that.
                                But the thing that rubbed me the wrong way was that 2 salespeople (one veteran, one newbie) started arguing over who was helping me/who's customer I was. It was awkward - and got even more awkward when they dragged me into it. They basically made me choose who was "helping" me. It was pretty uncomfortable for the rest of my experience when I passed the salesperson that I didn't "choose".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎