• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
    Has anyone seen or even better have pics of the new footwear coming as well as colors??
    There will be an amazing shade of black. It's hard to describe - they call it polished black, it's kind of antiqued, but not in a cheesy way. Want.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tyhsien
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      over the past several days i went thru this entire thread and there were a few things that interested me. one is that i think many newer users or casual observers may think that there is universal approval for amadei here, probably because of his cdiem relationship, and that that is reflected in that whole "baller" thing and waywt misinterpretations and so called "bad" fits controversy where its good just because its ma+ or ccp label whoring thing. this couldn't be further from the truth. there were a ton of negative comments and reports from many many people that i was surprised to read. many were related to pricing vs value issues which are totally understandable. others were based on actual design and execution. i think it took a while for general ma+ approval to develop (of course there are still detractors and ma+ fails). and i have an idea why based on what i've read and my personal experience.

i've always purchased online and i can admit that there were times when a pricey ma+ piece would show up and i'd think to myself "really? thats it? and i paid how much for this?" often there is no lining, the material is too rough or too heavy or too light or the piece is just too, i don't know, minimal i guess. but i think its best to test drive a piece before rejecting it. so i've always given it a chance. and i'm quite certain that amadei makes pieces that need to be experienced to be appreciated. you need to touch it, spend time with it, examine it, and most importantly wear it in order to see its value. only then can you be really impressed by the fact that the material isn't too rough or heavy, it just needs to be worn in. it molds to your body and performs in a way that rivals much heavier or more processed fabrics. and its not too light, because the quality of the weave means that it will last twice as long as materials of comparable weight. and its not too minimal. the magic is in that it is just right. it is the purity of the design and materials and the elegance in the simplicity of the garment combined with the hidden complexity of the pattern and construction that are so impressive. 2d representations of m.a+ are poor substitutes for handling the goods.

and no he's not the only one doing it and yes some of it is derivative and yes there are occasional fails but these are just my thoughts after reading the thread. and overall i think amadei succeeds more often than he fails. i'm a fan and intend to invest in m.a+ for a long time to come.

i'm not going to mention price right now though. thats a whole other thing and i'm all typed out

i also decided that i'd like to see the title of this thread changed to m.a+ (maurizio amadei) instead of just the "+" even though the first collection didn't have the ma part added yet. it just drives me nuts because i like everything in its right place...

also that female model he used is a total babe
      diggin few hours of reading in this thread, this is by far very inspiring.

hope its not wrong to bring this up.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

Thats is spot on and cjbreed really captures my experience with ma+, story below, as well.

I remember i was hunting the ma+ back zips in 2010 and at some point i decided against them because they were too plain and too pricey. I even kind of forgot about them.

Well i had an opportunity to pick up the ma+ back zip in horse from another SZer (boodude) in dec 14. I honestly really really had a tough time buying them because i had plans to get the a1923 dual zips and i could only afford one of the two items. Hence, there was a tough choice to make.

I emailed a few friends, asked for opinions all over because i truly wasn't sure (most people pointed me to a1923, only one said ma+). It came down to do i want these awesome clean boots or super distressed a1923. I took a chance on ma+ knowing that i could flip them quickly if I felt i made a mistake.

No mistake was made! 2 months of non stop wear and these became one of my go to boots (next to my tornados). They are clean, i can wear them easily, they just work with most clothing. On top of it i saw a few pics from a japanese forum (forget which, i'll try to link it later) with a guy who wore the crap out of his ma+ back zips and they aged really well. Now i wear mine hard and see the folds develop and the patina get better. Honestly it was one of the better purchases i could of made and i am having fun watching this item turn into something thats truly mine. If that was Amadei's intention then he got me hooked...

ahem ......ma+ biker jacket next for me?

Comment

• tyhsien
          • Sep 2014

If anybody could link me fit pictures of cotton aviators worn by people around the street.

:c

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

img
            the man

edit - thanks drizzly. my pic didn't work
            Last edited by cjbreed; 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

the man
              FTFY

Comment

• rickandjulius
                • Feb 2014

I hope to look that bad ass when I'm older.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

that looks bad ass for any age. and to be honest i would wear m.a+ head to toe every day if i could. but i can't. i can't afford it. that look right there is about $7500. and i am a 56 in much of m.a+ so i can only buy retail and special order most of the time. but if i ever strike it rich i'm going for it...

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Well, pose/face and photographer add a lot to the image. I mean, I could be pretty much of a m.a+ man with linen biker, 5-pocket pants, one piece tee, cross-cut belt, ring, wallet, the only exception is footwear but a1923 does the trick: however, I am not nearly as good-looking as him above. Or maybe I am just over critiquing myself. /rant

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

well...i was really just speaking for myself in that m.a+ is a label that in a fantasy world i would consider wearing every single day. i just really connect with the designs, the materials and the quality of construction. it feels nice to wear something that you not only look cool in but that you respect, admire and value. and you don't outgrow it. its a mature label in my opinion. the problem is that the price is a bit on the very very high end if you're trying to build an entire wardrobe out of it for daily wear. one outfit is achievable of course but 20 or so outfits for each season is a tall order. but its a goal.

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

img
                        the man

edit - thanks drizzly. my pic didn't work

no prob i wanted to see the pic

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

well...i was really just speaking for myself in that m.a+ is a label that in a fantasy world i would consider wearing every single day. i just really connect with the designs, the materials and the quality of construction. it feels nice to wear something that you not only look cool in but that you respect, admire and value. and you don't outgrow it. its a mature label in my opinion. the problem is that the price is a bit on the very very high end if you're trying to build an entire wardrobe out of it for daily wear. one outfit is achievable of course but 20 or so outfits for each season is a tall order. but its a goal.
                          Yea i really want a ma+ biker jacket and its out of my price range.

I do agree ma+ gets things right but is $$$. If you want ma+ to feel cheap check out M_moira prices

Comment

• Johngd
                            • Feb 2009

From which season is the shirt he's wearing?

Comment

• tyhsien
                              • Sep 2014

Hey quick question,

Did anyone visit his showroom? Always love how he wore his basic in most of the picture shared here, want to get his basics as well since i come from a country that is all year summer BUT not having any luck to see photos of his basic.

would be helpful if sz members can direct me to which websites that sells it?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Try any number of our affiliates - that's what those banners on the front page are for. Yes, I went to the showroom, but photos are not allowed.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎