X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HannibalChew
    • Jul 2019

Hey guys, brand new to the forum, but long-time lurker
    i just received this bucket list item (CCP 9 finger gloves)
    they fit perfectly (apart from a slightly long little finger cuff)

they're ridiculously hard to pull on though –*there doesn't seem to be an opening/loosening mechanism, so i basically had to squeeze my hand in*– is it just meant to stretch out?

Comment

• darkart
      • Jun 2011

All the CCP gloves have the same problem. Ridiculously hard to put on and even harder to remove. I once asked the buyer of lift Tokyo about this problem. She told me one solution is to cut loose the thread at opening of the gloves(the one at the bottom of gloves in your first image), thats what the designer told her to do if its too tight to put on.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by darkart View Post
        All the CCP gloves have the same problem. Ridiculously hard to put on and even harder to remove. I once asked the buyer of lift Tokyo about this problem. She told me one solution is to cut loose the thread at opening of the gloves(the one at the bottom of gloves in your first image), thats what the designer told her to do if its too tight to put on.
        May I digress and say that Minami FUCKING ROCKS CCP? I don't think I've ever seen anyone, male or female, look so good in it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deejames
          • Aug 2013

I just bought my first pair of rubber drips sneakers but im unsure if I should cut the drips or leave them.
          Really strange to walk on it :-)
          What are you doing with it?Should I leave them or cut them?
          I guess you all leave them right?

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

Personally i prefer to wear them down myself to make them truly mine.

Comment

• Zak
              • May 2018

Don’t worry, you will wear them down very quickly. If your sneakers are from the previous iteration (AM/2524 style)I presume you want the drips back soon:) Last month I sent mine for redrip, outsole was still ok but I want them back badly.

Comment

• deejames
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zak View Post
                Don’t worry, you will wear them down very quickly. If your sneakers are from the previous iteration (AM/2524 style)I presume you want the drips back soon:) Last month I sent mine for redrip, outsole was still ok but I want them back badly.
                Really?They redrip them?Do you send them directly to CCP?
                I always thought, or read it here, that they don't do that :-/
                But thanks for your advice

Comment

• Zak
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by deejames View Post
                  Really?They redrip them?Do you send them directly to CCP?
                  I always thought, or read it here, that they don't do that :-/
                  But thanks for your advice
                  They did for sure, but it was not common practice and I don’t know whether they will continue this practice or not. As a private person I don’t have direct access of course, only C.C.P. retailers have. A friend of mine who knows Sergio well asked him about this favor and Sergio hardly said yes and not from the first time, so it was complicated. Besides you never know how long the process will take (6-12 months or more). And the last but not the least you should mind the risk of unsatisfied result (in general) because re-dripping means re-dying sneakers afterwords with all that it implies. But if you still want to re-drip you should ask the retailer from whom you bought your sneakers about this possibility, and MAY BE they will request C.C.P.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by deejames View Post
                    I just bought my first pair of rubber drips sneakers but im unsure if I should cut the drips or leave them.
                    Really strange to walk on it :-)
                    What are you doing with it?Should I leave them or cut them?
                    I guess you all leave them right?
                    Honestly they felt annoying to walk in, so I cut some of the bigger drips off with a razor. They got comfortable much faster, the sole will wear flat any way so not a big deal.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Monoral
                      • Mar 2014

As for redrips it's almost luck base now isn't it. In my experience if you reach Daniel than it's likely to get a redrips. If you reach Simone then you can just forget it.

Comment

• deejames
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zak View Post
                        They did for sure, but it was not common practice and I don’t know whether they will continue this practice or not. As a private person I don’t have direct access of course, only C.C.P. retailers have. A friend of mine who knows Sergio well asked him about this favor and Sergio hardly said yes and not from the first time, so it was complicated. Besides you never know how long the process will take (6-12 months or more). And the last but not the least you should mind the risk of unsatisfied result (in general) because re-dripping means re-dying sneakers afterwords with all that it implies. But if you still want to re-drip you should ask the retailer from whom you bought your sneakers about this possibility, and MAY BE they will request C.C.P.
                        Ah i understand.Thanks for that explanation.
                        I bought them at Darklands.I guess they'll give a shit like they usually give a shit on costumers:)
                        But I think it won't be needed to redrip them.I just wondered that its possible.

Comment

• darkpyramid
                          • Dec 2019

it seems Carol new conceptual drip dad shoes succeed to gain new fans as the sales show, I respected attitudes of others but as personal for me i don't feel the word artisanal come with his new thoughts,his golden era with Deepti show the word artisanal better than he did alone for those who seek the fashion darker harder

Comment

• 13we2
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by darkpyramid View Post
                            it seems Carol new conceptual drip dad shoes succeed to gain new fans as the sales show
                            Highly skeptical.

Comment

• Zak
                              • May 2018

«Avant-garde is advanced and individual thinking. The exact translation from French means “before the crowd or the mass”, therefore it can never be trendy or fashionable.”- Carol once said. I assume his approach has changed, at least considering his new drip sneakers. Imo they are very trendy and fashionable, look like balenciaga collaboration. Don’t feel them like something avant-garde and artisanal too. Unfortunately.

Comment

• Ndavidov
                                • Jun 2018

I got a rare piece and i havent seen anything like this before, does anybody whats this? its the GGM/2213 BI-TURN/109

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎