X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

The ironic thing is that we could post photos of fashion show audiences all day and make fun of them while in other parts of the cyber world, people would be posting photos of us and making fun of those.

So judge not lest ye be judged.

I fully support rational critiques but ever since purplekicks dropped into the thread, it seems like some have used it as an opportunity to tout their fashion superiority and that just seems laughable to me.

Can't we just agree that the original post was bad and move onward without smelling our own shit here?
    If the outfit was as inconsequential and unremarkable as everyone has agreed, then surely it doesn't warrant this amount of overreaction.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I was going to respond earlier, but then decided that I'll wait for beardown to put my thoughts in the words (as usual).

that said, purplekicks, you cannot possibly be surprised by the fact that your entrance did not receive a warm welcome. The style is more than obviously very different from what is typical here, plus the way you worded your post didn't really showcase much interest in the forum to begin with ("I forgot about this place and figured I'd throw this random photo here"). you said it yourself, the style here is rather homogenous, and for a reason, people share interest towards a rather defined aesthetic. we don't prevent you from posting here if your style is different, but it's worth considering wether or not people are interested in seeing it and also what the reaction will be like.

now can we please stop this discussion before its another one of those 10 page trainwrecks.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        The ironic thing is that we could post photos of fashion show audiences all day and make fun of them while in other parts of the cyber world, people would be posting photos of us and making fun of those.
        Was about to say the same thing : the way we look at them is the way commonly dressed people would look at us. And some of our outfits are good, some aren't. Same here. But there's no essential difference.
        Last edited by Chant; 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post

So judge not lest ye be judged.

I fully support rational critiques but ever since purplekicks dropped into the thread, it seems like some have used it as an opportunity to tout their fashion superiority and that just seems laughable to me.

Can't we just agree that the original post was bad and move onward without smelling our own shit here?
          If the outfit was as inconsequential and unremarkable as everyone has agreed, then surely it doesn't warrant this amount of overreaction.
          True. See what you've started, merz?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            Was about to say the same thing : the way we look at them is the way commonly dressed people would look at us. And some of our outfits are good, some aren't. Same here. But there's not essential difference.
            yeah, but we know we are better, they don't. so, there.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uhm.... did people really not think that they might insult someone that people in here might know??? They didn't post the picture here for you to evaluate. stop judging other people, STRANGERS built on superficial attributes.

where's the line with you?

at least one man there is one of the most amazing person i've ever met, and considering how wonderful I am, that says alot.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

I think I know at least two front row people in that picture, and both are pretty cool

I don't know how you guys not realise how bigoted you sound, I just lost a little respect for quite a few people here (not that it matters to anyone in the least)

this thread
                =

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

To take the defence of the offenders, I have to say that nobody here insulted the front row. Some only said that they didn't like their style.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                    Christian : I'd say it's Golden hair and the Pirate. And the problem is not the pieces they're wearing, it's what they do with them.
                    Except for the yellow diving mask maybe. This looks beyond repair.

How is that not insulting for instance?

Or this?

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    That pic makes me want to burn half of my wardrobe and join the second row.

Comment

• which is exactly the point... the people in the picture didn't ask for our criticism, so save it to those who are willing to read it.

i don't see the point of defending the offenders. who in his/hers right mind would even do it?! it's retarded.

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Let's say that we don't the same definition of an "insult".

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

the insult isn't even my main beef though. my problem here is the bigotry, but whatever

you're all someone else's fashion airhead, so I don't see what grounds any of you you have of calling a person specifically that (I'm the same, but I try to refrain from this sort of discourse unless I'm wasted)

and I didn't even see what was wrong with that guy's first picture, you could hardly see what he was wearing anyway and I doubt anyone could even identify a single piece

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                            i don't see the point of defending the offenders. who in his/hers right mind would even do it?! it's retarded.
                            Are you insulting me ?

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                              you're all someone else's fashion airhead.
                              Did I say anything different ?

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                my problem here is the bigotry
                                when this all first started, that was what i had in my mind. but i thought maybe that was too harsh to say, but you beat me to it..

also, why would purplekicks ever return here? he's basically given the ultimatum of join us or gtfo after that verbal curb-stomping handed by sz's elite..

i'm not saying that i agree with what he was wearing, and yeah his initial post was troll-like, but no one deserves to be ostracized like this..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎