X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Best pizza is Totonno's, the Coney Island branch. I can't make up my mind who makes the best burger - many places do excellent ones. For cheap ones there is always Corner Bistro, a real hole in the wall. For a nice sit-down meal, the burger at Blue Ribbon bakery is fantastic. I need to try the black iron burger in east village - I hear good things about it. Also need to try the Peter Luger burger.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

thanks - can't wait to dig in...been on a hardcore diet and will be for the next couple weeks. the yelp pictures of blue ribbon look soooo tasty. looks like they got a great menu.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Best pizza is Totonno's, the Coney Island branch. I can't make up my mind who makes the best burger - many places do excellent ones. For cheap ones there is always Corner Bistro, a real hole in the wall. For a nice sit-down meal, the burger at Blue Ribbon bakery is fantastic. I need to try the black iron burger in east village - I hear good things about it. Also need to try the Peter Luger burger.
        E - the burger at Black Iron is one of my favourites, and their onion rings are incredibly good too! Blue Ribbon Bakery is my top brunch place in the city, but I've not had their burger yet. I would recommend pizza lovers to give Gruppo a try...awesome paper-thin crust pies (http://www.gruppothincrust.com/)
        I've read great reviews about Motorino...

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

that's nice, am myself trying to find the best pizza and burgers there, might be going in december!
          well I've so far heard that Veselka is supposed to be good for burgers, at 144 2nd Avenue

also I'm debating between which luxury restaurant I should try.. le bernadin? wd-50 maybe? if I even can get a reservation :D
          just looking to try out a good tasting menu, but not sure what kind of food really... bernadin seems to more of a simple kind of food, not sure if that's what I'm looking for
          something more unusual, I mean. (did actually write useful not unusual originally, what a big miss)

and oh also for the pizza- best napoli style pizza? fresh tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella, basil, olive oil. simple but well-done is what I want for this

hugs and huggles
          Last edited by munch; 07-13-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Personally, I'd recommend Per Se if you're planning to splurge on a meal.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Also need to try the Peter Luger burger.
              Skip it. So disappointing. Last I was in town, reservations were easy to get at WD-50. Fun, not consistently a great meal in my opinion. Very fun though.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

The burger at Peter Luger's disappointing? Or everything else too?
                I like their steaks there, not tried their burgers. Actually the burger never crossed my mind whenever i'm there...only there for the steaks..

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

The burger is disappointing. The steak is fantastic.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

the burger at minetta tavern is really good. i believe they use a special pat lafrieda blend exclusive to the restaurant.

i don't really like peter luger's steaks. i feel like i can make them on my broiler at home. the old homestead is way better. huge-ass cowboy ribeyes..

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

Ever since I read this review about Minetta Tavern's Black Label Burger, I've been dying to give it a try. Soon enough...

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

^^ it's like a pound cake, made of meat..

hard to get last minute reservations there so plan ahead..

Comment

• munch
                          • Aug 2008

hmm, I kind of want something inbetween fun and excellent food. wd-50 does have one michelin star, while Per Se and Le Bernadin has 3? not really sure if that means anything to me in particular but the whole experience should be excellent :)

and yeah, that burger looks deadly, have to try it! looks simple but sexy

so, pizza anyone? una pizza which I was thinking about at first seems to have closed last year. heard about Otto pizzeria which seems nice too, but there has to be something else right?

thanks

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

definitely Motorino for pizza

http://www.motorinopizza.com/
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• munch
                              • Aug 2008

oh that's excellent, exactly what I was hoping to find! thanks!

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

Motorino

Gotta give them a try soon...the few times I walked by their E Village branch, it's always packed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎