Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boysdontcryy
    • Oct 2008

I've heard that for brands like Calvin Klein and Armani, Armani himself doesn't do the designing. He gets people to do it and he endorses the design with signatures.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by boysdontcryy View Post
      I've heard that for brands like Calvin Klein and Armani, Armani himself doesn't do the designing. He gets people to do it and he endorses the design with signatures.
      is this TRUE? i'm never buying armani again! please tell me that calvin klein at least makes his own cologne because that's my favorite.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Piffen
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
        is this TRUE? i'm never buying armani again! please tell me that calvin klein at least makes his own cologne because that's my favorite.

Nah, that must be evil rumours.. No need to do such a drastic thing as not buying any more Armani underwear! Relax man, boysdontcryy is only trying to make you freak out.. Giorgio still sews everything by hand at his mothers kitchen table in Toscana. Bless him.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Even though he no longer personally designs the more expensive lines with his name, I know FOR A FACT that each and every piece created under Ralph Lauren Rugby is scrutinized and lovingly constructed by Mr. Lauren himself still.

That's why that's the only RL line I still buy. Purple label, black label... who cares. Don't be a fool, only buy Rugby.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• reborn
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            Even though he no longer personally designs the more expensive lines with his name, I know FOR A FACT that each and every piece created under Ralph Lauren Rugby is scrutinized and lovingly constructed by Mr. Lauren himself still.

That's why that's the only RL line I still buy. Purple label, black label... who cares. Don't be a fool, only buy Rugby.

It's odd, but the rugby stuff (not the overly styled & embroidered stuff) is okay. They even had wool herringbone trousers made in italy (a few season back).

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

some of the rugby peacoats are pretty nice.

Comment

• May 2007

Alexandre Plokhov - from Cloak, now designs for Versace. You can see it right away in some of the Versace suits from this (last?) season.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by image View Post
                  Alexandre Plokhov - from Cloak, now designs for Versace. You can see it right away in some of the Versace suits from this (last?) season.
                  No shit?!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Wrong thread, wrong audience.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• May 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      Wrong thread, wrong audience.
                      Really? This isn't a Cloak audience?

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Really? This isn't a Cloak audience?
                        Did you read any posts in this thread? This is about which manufacturers are making which lines.

For instance:

ShitholePrime factory in Chengdu province makes prada sport is relevant. Bob designs Pants by Joe is not.
                        Last edited by theetruscan; 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM. Reason: Damn, it's chengdu! It's a miracle I spell anything write.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• May 2007

Ahh you're right, I skimmed over the title while looking for something else and thought I'd add something...

Well, how about - Sylvano Lattanzi was making shoes for Jil Sander a few years back. Not sure if they are anymore.

Or should I just give up and go back to reading the boards quietly? :)

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                          Did you read any posts in this thread? This is about which manufacturers are making which lines.

For instance:

ShitholePrime factory in Shengdu province makes prada sport is relevant. Bob designs Pants by Joe is not.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

image is back on track!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Ahh you're right, I skimmed over the title while looking for something else and thought I'd add something...

Well, how about - Sylvano Lattanzi was making shoes for Jil Sander a few years back. Not sure if they are anymore.

Haha yeah they still do the special orders, regular one used to be by Church but now, who knows.

ps: We weren't the right audience because pretty much anyone posting here would know about Cloak and where Plokhov works now.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Fail again. It's in the first fucking post. Jesus.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎