X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronin
    Banned
    • Dec 2009

I believe drinking in public places is actually prohibited, but nobody seems to care. Just avoir public gardens since park guards take it way more seriously than most cops, they won't hesitate to confiscate your booze.

Comment

• munch
      • Aug 2008

oh, well.. that isn't much to whine about. I'm used to it. we swedes tend to do the same, fuck da poliiiiiiice etc. but you're allowed to picnic in parks right?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I have a feeling that fairly many countries actually prohibit public drinking, it's just that how much the law is followed and enforced varies.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

well, I like wine and other alcoholic beverages, but I don't like being drunk, so I guess it's not a big of a deal

Comment

• Dropt
            • May 2009

^

Wait, what?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

err I'm not sure if that was a reply to my post, but I was just making a general observation on the topic.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

lol nvm, I just re-read my post and realized how weird it sounded. I kind of meant that I can do more than well without drinking alcohol in public, basically. but it would be fun to have a picnic with wine, since I like wine. there is no real non-alcoholic alternative close enough to wine, right?

Comment

Originally posted by munch View Post
                  oh, well.. that isn't much to whine about. I'm used to it. we swedes tend to do the same, fuck da poliiiiiiice etc. but you're allowed to picnic in parks right?
                  yes, the bigger parks allow alcoholic beverages, until a certain hour.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

I swear I've seen this posted somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it so I apologise in advance if this has been covered in detail.

I've got to go to Paris mid way through next month and I could end up being there a little while. Does anyone know of any good agents, or other alternative, where I could find a small studio apartment to rent for 1-3 months. Looking for something fairly cheap, probably around 600-700 euro per month if possible, ideally around Belleville and Menilmontant.

I've checked out NY Habitat and Paris Stay and I've sent some requests, but want to keep my options open as this is short notice and I'm not sure what availability is going to be like.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

paris attitude and VRBO have worked out for me

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Is there such thing as the price you name?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

I pay about 700 a months and my place is cute and fairly central

small though, but I like that since I hate cleaning

Comment

• ronin
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009

Same here. I pay about 700€ for 25m² in the Marais, that was definitely a good find but it is possible. Near Belleville the rents are much cheaper. But you might face the sub-renting price problem if you stay only 1-3 months, most people sub-rent their appartment/room for a much higher price than they pay. I'd suggest you to watch co-renting sites closely, like appartager and colocation.fr, although they are supposed to help people find roomates there are many ads by people who want to rent their studio for the summer. Beware of scams though.

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

Maybe an apartment swap is possible? Do you have your own place in Stockholm? I did a 3 month swap in paris last summer.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Guys, don't forget that you are renting to live there, not staying for a one month vacation. This is different.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎