Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

All I can tell you now is that last season he was very active in Paris.
    Seemed to have met with a lot of people whom he collaborated with in the past.

this will be very interesting............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I imagine he is not involved and he sold the brand name or someone took it over by other means. NOTHING good starts out at Tranoi - certainly Altieri would not come near it within ten miles.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I imagine he is not involved and he sold the brand name or someone took it over by other means. NOTHING good starts out at Tranoi - certainly Altieri would not come near it within ten miles.
        This is why I am so curious: as far as I know Altieri is busy with vnapersona and won't even come to Paris during next PFW.

Comment

• applecrisp
          • Jun 2013

When I saw that strange pudgy man on the modem website I assumed this would be an italian takeover of a formerly legendary brand (i.e. helmut lang).

But M. Altieri will certainly be in Paris during mensweek, as he has been for the last several, selling m_moria.

What a time to be alive.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
            When I saw that strange pudgy man on the modem website I assumed this would be an italian takeover of a formerly legendary brand (i.e. helmut lang).

But M. Altieri will certainly be in Paris during mensweek, as he has been for the last several, selling m_moria.

What a time to be alive.
            Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. And no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. .
              True..........but who are the exceptions?
              And aren't we all guilty for its bland state?

no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.
              Hasn't he kind of earn the right for people to be patient with him?

I mean the body of work that was built up still stands to this day.

I am going to reserve Judgement on what the project will look like until I go to Paris next moth.....

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. And no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.
                I find vnapersona project very innovative though, really looking forward to how it will turn out.
                Last edited by newp; 12-14-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• applecrisp
                  • Jun 2013

I was being facetious.

And I agree.

Comment

• cuccboi
                    • Sep 2016

According to Jun Hashimoto's Instagram, Carpe Diem is coming back. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPPgVP8lUCT/

Comment

• cpoll18
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by cuccboi View Post
                      According to Jun Hashimoto's Instagram, Carpe Diem is coming back. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPPgVP8lUCT/
                      @ttmstudio instagram account has some "lookbooks" from the new project...

these make absolutely clear, if there was every any doubt, that the original team is not involved in this project in any way

the s63m reproductions look pretty poor based on this photo. would be nice to hear from anyone at pitti or at paris next week who has a chance to visit the "showroom"

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

I heard it will not be in Paris, though I am not sure of the validity of the info.
                        It was in New York for a bit but i did not get to see it.
                        I am as usual interested in the footwear, so I am looking forward to some kind of formal release

Comment

• cpoll18
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          I heard it will not be in Paris, though I am not sure of the validity of the info.
                          It was in New York for a bit but i did not get to see it.
                          I am as usual interested in the footwear, so I am looking forward to some kind of formal release
                          the above is from the new "c-diem" project scheduled to show in milan and paris (at tranoi...) as shown here

they do not seem to have had any presentation in new york.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cpoll18 View Post
                            the above is from the new "c-diem" project scheduled to show in milan and paris (at tranoi...) as shown here

they do not seem to have had any presentation in new york.

they HAD a presentation on NY.
                            they WILL NOT be at Tranoi
                            as to what is going on in Milan i have no idea
                            I can only speak of what i know,

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              they HAD a presentation on NY.
                              they WILL NOT be at Tranoi
                              as to what is going on in Milan i have no idea
                              I can only speak of what i know,
                              are you sure youre not mistaking this for vnapersona this is a completely different thing
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• uve
                                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                                are you sure youre not mistaking this for vnapersona this is a completely different thing
                                Neiter vnapersona nor maurizio altieri have anything to do with the re-launch of Carpe Diem. The brand name has been sold. What items of clothing and accessories will appear under that name is anybody's guess

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎