X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    I aim is to be one stylish but ugly Theologian/ philosopher. I think I would be rather interesting that way

nice phrasing
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      I was referring to the belly comment
      You did not understand. I was quoting Zamb himself, since he referred to it many times her before. Unless I'd never made such a bad/harsh joke.

Zamb : I knew from the flat pic that the pants were great !

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

looking good kunk, i like the muddy green tonal palette of the whole getup. i have always liked the nonchalant nonspecificity of your style, even though i know from your posts that you stick to more or less Rick with a dash of Raf here and there, i like that they've just become 'clothes' on you, very natural.
          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

I am attracted to the picture of the general in the background and the big-ass calculator in the foreground... funky militant accountant's waiting room?
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

^ha, i run a lot of numbers and the painting was given to us by an art director who had a nervous breakdown under our employ

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

zamb, I remember that jacket well. It's my favorite piece in your collection.. just so beautifully crafted. You make it look easy, which it isn't. Here's a cleaner shot, minus the not-so-there beer belly, if anyone's curious. ;)

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                I aim is to be one stylish but ugly Theologian/ philosopher..
                Fashion thug has a nice ring to it..

sain't

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ I call it "my jacket"
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DmD
                    • Jul 2010

zamb, beautiful leather jacket....and you always make drop crotch pants seem effortless.
                    I guess you've got a good tailor.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

I'm busy for a couple of days and...

Oh so much to say. I'll keep my usual verbosity down (or so I aim.)

Zamb: So impressed that's your leather.I hold nothing but deep admiration for the artisan: were there a guild, I would apprentice, and take the trivium and also learn how to cut cloth and make leathers. (This also makes unnecessary an inquiry I'd intended in your direction, wondering if you work on leathers...I intend to come up with New York with a big suitcase of things that I've not allowed others to touch. This is it!)

As a fellow SZer who tends toward looking like a monchrome blob of black if wearing too much black, I applaud the choice to break it all up with bits of color here and there. I realized that I *do* hate wearing all black. The CD derbies - I am utterly fine with the color. May not work for all, but certainly for you...

Kunk
                      So, I noticed the calculator. Big plus. The painting adds a Tennenbaums touch (and good story, bad for the director). What's up with the couch? Clashes with your Rick O autumn palette...

Flux You do hoods so well. I find small hoods difficult. I thought the over-sized hood of your last photo (in the Lilies jacket) to be the perfect proportion. And also very witchy. Agreed with Zamb above. You rarely have a photo that isn't hall of fame worthy...the glass ceiling moves higher.

DmD Great fit! I particularly love the gentle curve to the placket of the gentleman's boiled wool jacket. Also, new or old (fine, only old) I love Helmut's trousers. They look great on you. (Also, couch -- silhouette. Can't help myself.) I always appreciate black broken up with something -- anything, in this case, the cuffs of your shirt. Also, a "noice" for the glasses.

movement Kills it -- looks so relaxed, and natural. The orange buttons on a CDG piece always make me a little weak in the knees.

May I add a word of advocacy to the younger members here? Wear CDG/Junya! Don't be afraid to move away from the leathers. I just think the relaxed jacket is the height of charm. Colors, knitted textures -- those things can add so much complexity and depth to an all black outfit, if you swing that way.

MBD
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

i think Junya is one of the hardest labels to wear (for men, speaking from point of view most people posting in here are)...you have to be such an exact and certain build to fit in the clothes, and not to mention that sensibility. Definitely one of the least democratic designers out there, despite his manifesto on basics and all.
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                          • Jan 2010

^ I can sort of see that. I have an Austrian friend that has only worn Junya and CdG for the past several years and even though he's not into "Americana" the Junya pieces always seem to work great on him. I think in the past year or two he's favored Junya over the Comme pieces even thought he's still attracted to Rei's darker collections. We've been in Japan together and apparently he has Japanese proportions.
                          THE HOUSE OF DIS
                          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

I dunno, it seems like Junya is quite easy and practical to wear. It's maybe difficult to incorporate into a drapey goth wardrobe, but the pieces themselves are easily interchangeable with eachother. Because they're generally deconstructions of menswear staples I would think they could adapt easily to most people's wardrobes. If only it wasn't so damn expensive I would own some, I like the mix of dandy/americana/utilitarian.
                            music

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                              • Jan 2010

I think maybe what Fade to Black means is that it is a hard label to pull off. It may be easy to wear and work with each season, but it's hard to wear it and be able to pull off its edge. There are a lot of subtle details in his work and I think if you put most people in his clothes they would just end up looking wrong or looking like they were wearing some generic clothing.

That's just my perspective on it.
                              THE HOUSE OF DIS
                              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

LUC military tent fabric jacket
                                InAisce dyed long sleeve jumper
                                LUC washi j-pant
                                Augusta boots
                                and dog as usual.....
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎