X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I have the Grado's, they are nice but its worth noting that they are not very isolated so I personally wouldn't use them outside, but they are very good for home use.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Seconding the Grados. I have those SR60s and the sound quality punches above its weight although the build quality is only average. I use em outdoors since my earbuds broke and they're alright unless you're walking by something loud.

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

I would actually go with the Alessandro MS1i as I prefer those over sr60/sr80 - very similar (actually made in the same place etc) but a few mods that IMO make them a bit more pleasant to listen to

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

thanks guys for the input. heard about the Alessandros as well, looking into those. if i were to move up a notch, which of these do you think is best overall (not a huge focus on bass):

Audio Technica ATH-M50S
          Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro
          Ultrasone HFI-780 S-Logic

I've heard good things about the Ultrasones, but also heard they're uncomfortable and build quality looks cheap (comparatively). Been hearing good things about the ATH-M50S, but while my own pair of Audio Technica ew9's are very good, they're not quite great (but i realize models vary). Thanks in advance

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

not a huge focus on bass? all those 3 are bass heavy as fuck. I would look at something different. Sennheiser HD600 is a good choice for an allrounder but not really that fun treble IMO, very tamed down. is closed a requirement really though? if so, I would look at Shure SRH-840 or even SRH-940 if budget allows (940 was IMO much nicer, very noticably more detailed)
            perhaps denon ah-d2000 could work too. bit bassy but very nice for rock music...

although, the HD600 and AH-D2000 may be tough to drive out of an iPod Touch...

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              Seconding the Grados. I have those SR60s and the sound quality punches above its weight although the build quality is only average. I use em outdoors since my earbuds broke and they're alright unless you're walking by something loud.
              The cord is just too long and cumbersome for use with walking, but they sound fantastic.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

Yep. I wrap it around my torso like a rubber fetish strap.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                  Yep. I wrap it around my torso like a rubber fetish strap.
                  Good idea!
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Testdrove the Geneva Model S today. I think it's the ipod dock winner in the price-to-sound-to-design-to-size ratio and will take its pedestal in my kitchen shortly. Infinitely better than the crappy looking iPAL from Tivoli and well worth the extra $80.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

^ check out the B&W Zeplin Mini before you buy anything.

Meh...all ipod docks sounds kinda crappy frankly...I hate not having separated speakers.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yes, they do, but my kitchen is not my listening room and the only way to get me to do the dishes is to put music on. I am not crazy about the zeppelin design and it's way too big for kitchen.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

There are two Zeplins...the mini one is much more subtle and is reasonably sized. The Geneva's are by no means terrible though, and would at least be easy to clean if they were splashed with something.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Oh, damn, you just threw a wrench into my plans. Now I have to hear both side by side.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Doh..sorry. For the most-part, I'm not a big B&W fan, but they did a decent job with this little box. I also happen to think it looks nice.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

I've always used software firewalls on my pcs but one of my laptops seems to be allergic to them. Customarily, I install either symantec corp version or comodo firewall..... just the fw not the suite but bsods and kernel errors have forced me to remove them. I feel naked running without a fw so i was wondering if sz pc users can recommend a software firewall with a small footprint?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎