X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaintedBlack_7
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Any Apple experts in NYC (and beyond?) that can help me remove a MSFT Word for Mac virus from my desktop?
    i find it easiest to just backup your HDD then reinstall whatever OS you had on it.

i have done this multiple times on my snow leopard hackintosh/gaming PC

then again it is an athlon II X6 amd processor running PC equipment

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I suppose that's not a bad idea. Thanks.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I suppose that's not a bad idea. Thanks.
        not a problem, good luck. Hopefully the malware isn't embedded into one of the files you backup.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Does anyone in the NYC area has the MacBook Air optical drive? I don't fancy paying $50 for these fuckers to install my ancient copy of MSFT Office. Will buy you a six-pack.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

I have a brand new copy of 2008 you can have if you want it...I work for a tech reseller and MS always gives me the Mac versions when they come by the office. Our Mac has 2008 on it already so I have no use for it. Funny they are always fresh out of Windows copies though...sigh...

Sorry, can't help with the optical though...can you install using the remote disk drive sharing though?
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• comedyzen
              • May 2009

Streaming TV

Gearing up to drop HBO but will be keeping basic cable. Looking into different online streaming boxes to run through my TV. I'm not a gamer so scratch the Xbox/PS3. Don't want to be limited to APPLE TV and I don't buy DVDS/Blu-Ray, but have seen a lot Blu-R's that have integrated online streaming. I have connected my Mac directly to the TV, but the wires everywhere and lack of some sort of dashboard can be cumbersome. Does anyone out there know of any new tech out there designed for this? I read about Logitech's box, but I love supporting the startups.

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

i'm looking for a small stereo for my living room that sounds/looks great and reasonably priced..

reasonably priced meaning not Mcintosh and not some Best Buy job..

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I have a Yamaha micro system similar to this one, and have been really happy. good sound quality, connectivity and fairly small (and stealth looking, of course)
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MaxM
                    • Sep 2009

All in one or separate elements? I am waiting for my EB2s which seem to be pretty fucking awesome speakers :)

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

What is your main source of music CD/Ipod/Vinyl?
                      Tube Amps are the bomb but a pain in the ass to maintain.You looking for separates or an integrated system?

Check these out & If you want something more stylish the Geneva sound labs L puts out a decent sound.

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

i would prefer separate components.

amp
                        pre amp
                        speakers

tube amp if i can afford it but probably solid state..

i listen to music like an old man. classical, npr, low volume. radio and mp3. this is strictly for audio, no home theater.

they are all going on a credenza so size is not an issue.

i'm going to a audiophile store tonight and i'm clinching my spincter in preparation for the prices..

edit: sound by singer is actually closed (the store). i was planning to go to lyric or stereo exchange..

Comment

• MaxM
                          • Sep 2009

I am biased towards EB Speakers :p (small company, hand made speakers made to order, philosophy is like the designers on here basically)
                          Plus the bigger model has a cabinet so works also in smaller rooms.
                          Their speakers are developped with Roksan amps so that should be an awesome combo

Dunno your budget, but Atoll, a small french company, has pretty good deals for amps+preamps.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• t-bone
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            edit: sound by singer is actually closed (the store). i was planning to go to lyric or stereo exchange..
                            yeah i was surprised to see this too. stereo exchange is ok, and they carry vintage/used gear again which was always my favorite part of the shop, but swing by "in living stereo" (next to other music) when you're down that way for a real boutique shop where the people know their shit. they have a pretty wide range of stuff and will talk to you about it for hours.

i have a mishmash of stuff in my 2 systems, but i really like vintage polk speakers (70's era Monitors or RTA) driven by British solid state amps (Arcam and NAD) for really good clean sound at low prices.

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

That blows , I got my first Arcam over there many moons ago , Awesome guys!

Have fun shopping! Wish I was in the market for,I could spend hours auditioning systems.

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

thanks for your suggestions guys and will look into your recs. i haven't really bought a stereo since college (i had a marantz receiver and a pair of b+w speakers 15 years ago, it was ok) but i want something worth keeping after the warranty runs out..

not in a rush to get something now as i have to furnish an entire living room but will update if i need recs or get something..

yeah i just found out in living stereo was a gear shop. i always thought it was a record store. will check out soon..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎