X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carpe Noctem
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Does anyone in the NYC area has the MacBook Air optical drive? I don't fancy paying $50 for these fuckers to install my ancient copy of MSFT Office. Will buy you a six-pack.
    Why not just download a copy via microsoft.com and use your code that came with the one you bought?
    "My Roll is to Rock"
    -Jimmy Page

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I think you missed the word "ancient." Anyway, the solution was to turn on DVD-ROM sharing.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
        thanks for your suggestions guys and will look into your recs. i haven't really bought a stereo since college (i had a marantz receiver and a pair of b+w speakers 15 years ago, it was ok) but i want something worth keeping after the warranty runs out..
        I think the Totem Model 1s are among the best small speakers made, though not cheap at all.

The cheap Dynaudio bookshelf speakers sound very pleasant when played quietly.

I think there are a handful of tube amps (mostly integrated) available for < $1000, but nothing is coming to mind right now. I'll dig around.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

i have some interest in a primaluna prologue 2 or maybe a vintage Mcintosh MC-225. don't know about which speakers to pair them with..

i want these huge-ass acoustats in my apartment. lol..

i also need some type of DAC delivery system from computer to stereo..

Comment

• t-bone
            • Dec 2009

Oddly enough, for a DAC solution, I ended up picking up an older CAL (California Audio Labs) Alpha/Sigma II combo CD transport and DAC. The DAC has a tube stage, and has 2 switchable digital inputs on the back, coax and optical, and I use one for the transport, and one I hook up to either my Macbook or my Airport Express for streaming. Works and sounds great.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              i also need some type of DAC delivery system from computer to stereo..
              A lot of companies now offer good, cheap DACs with USB inputs.

Musical Fidelity for one. On the higher side I think, but still not astronomical.

The HRT Music Streamer 2 is often well-reviewed. http://www.highresolutiontechnologies.com/products/

I have no idea of the difference between the HRT models. I'm a fan of the way musical fidelity stuff tends to sound and have an old MF X-DAC.

This one looks kind of fun, but I really know nothing about it.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I think you missed the word "ancient." Anyway, the solution was to turn on DVD-ROM sharing.
                Well if it's ancient then you can rip it to a USB at the library or something and then just install via usb.
                "My Roll is to Rock"
                -Jimmy Page

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

bought this on eBay for $18 shipped. Works with all my iPods and iPhone 4.... pretty cool gadget for the price. The OLED does cause a small battery drain but really not that bad and a bit of white noise comes through when nothing is playing but not not really audible when something is playing. I find it pretty handy when I'm out runing around.
                  I really bought it for the remote. The radio us just a bonus

I thought some of you may find this gizmo useful

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                    bought this on eBay for $18 shipped. Works with all my iPods and iPhone 4.... pretty cool gadget for the price. The OLED does cause a small battery drain but really not that bad and a bit of white noise comes through when nothing is playing but not not really audible when something is playing. I find it pretty handy when I'm out runing around.
                    I really bought it for the remote. The radio us just a bonus

I thought some of you may find this gizmo useful
                    nice, but isn't an IPAD bulky for on the go stuff? and expensive to toss around?

thats why i bought one of the newer shiffles i can toss it around and beat it up without worrying about an expensive and bulky ipad

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

new ipad just got lighter and faster...

still don't know what to do with one..maybe turn it into a universal tivo/tv remote and sonos player..

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ how about not getting one ;-)

can someone recommend me good free software to move songs from my iphone onto my mac? TIA.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

drag and drop.

oh wait, you said iphone and mac.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ haha

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
                              • Aug 2010

Senuti or iPhonedrive would work. I believe both have free trials.

On the iPad topic, I wasn't a huge fan at first but they are going to change business tremendously. Nearly every major organization I speak with has some sort of strategy around deploying iPads to salesforce, executives, etc.

Virtual desktop makes these babies a game changer. The one thing that seems to be a deturant at this point is the itunes sync.
                              Originally posted by hausofblaq
                              Grow up.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

How do I rip a song from YouTube onto my mac? Thanks to mrbeyus, I can't stop listening to this now...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎