Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imblurredout
    • Apr 2013

I could imagine someone designing patches to the likes of SZ. Designers seem to be incorporating the idea in recent collections (Raf, Rick, All that HBA crap). I think patches might be the next big accessory...

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      I remember buying patches back in the days when I went through my "look at me, I´m listening to real deep music"-phase (meaning Korn, Nirvana, Slipknot etc.). I hope this whole thing will be over soon, the way skateboarding´s popularity grows and shrinks every 5-10 years (though I know it probably won´t).
      I mean, what else is left for a 14-year old? :(
      Korn? Slipknot? ay caramba thats some awful shit right there don't lump it in with nirvana
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        Korn? Slipknot? ay caramba thats some awful shit right there don't lump it in with nirvana
        ... at least I moved on to Insane Clown Posse recently, so I´ve got that going on for me, which is nice.
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

Now maybe this is off base, but it seems like h&m just made a knockoff collection of ktz s/s 13 (looks 17 to 23). They merely toned down the patches and added in the black metal to make it edgier, quite similar to some of the more toned down KTZ from that season. Still quite odd that they actually made up these bands, but seems much more in line with h&m as a rip off company.

Comment

• julian_doe
            • Mar 2013

... at least I moved on to Insane Clown Posse recently, so I´ve got that going on for me, which is nice.
            Please tell me this is sarcasm...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

yea if this were their own marketing it would've fit perfectly with their ethics

its still hilarious though
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                Please tell me this is sarcasm...
                No, it isn´t.
                That´s why I chose the very serious rolling eyes smiley to underline my message.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

I remember buying patches back in the days when I went through my "look at me, I´m listening to real deep music"-phase (meaning Korn, Nirvana, Slipknot etc.). I hope this whole thing will be over soon, the way skateboarding´s popularity grows and shrinks every 5-10 years (though I know it probably won´t).
                  I mean, what else is left for a 14-year old? :(
                  i guess when i was 14 i was also sold a bunch of lies. both marketers and the music industry itself have been gunning for the teen demographic ever since the 60s...

for example, metallica sold out a million years ago. (in fact, they've been all about business pretty much ever since they booted out mustaine.) and there was me as a kid, at their shows, thinking they were sticking it to the man...

(both h&m)
                  Last edited by Shucks; 03-25-2015, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• mikko
                    • Apr 2013

So what about when SZ members start riding that unethical gravy train?

Comment

• mikko
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      and i'm not illiterate, so you don't need to explain the article to me. i understand what it is saying and that it is allegedly a "smear campaign". i said as much in my post above. did you read it?

my point is that it REALLY DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS OR ISN'T since h&m are perfectly capable and willing to do that type of marketing - there is nothing in their general corporate conduct to suggest it would be beneath them. as you can clearly see from this collection, they already invent fake subcultural artifacts and try to pander them off on us. (and it would also not be beneath them to lie a little bit on twitter.)

that is my point. ok, dude?
                      If your point is that it doesn't matter if they did it or not – then why did you post it, just to use this as a soapbox on your views of H&M's general bad conduct? That is a bit redundant on a forum about artisan fashion I think. As I said, hopefully everyone this forum knows that H&M is an exploitative company that just creates more fast fashion trash into this world.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                        If your point is that it doesn't matter if they did it or not – then why did you post it, just to use this as a soapbox on your views of H&M's general bad conduct? That is a bit redundant on a forum about artisan fashion I think. As I said, hopefully everyone this forum knows that H&M is an exploitative company that just creates more fast fashion trash into this world.
                        yes.

5char

Comment

• mikko
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          yes.

5char
                          Fair enough, carry on!

Comment

• julian_doe
                            • Mar 2013

No, it isn´t.
                            That´s why I chose the very serious rolling eyes smiley to underline my message.
                            Well, considering that you (previously, i guess?) listened to bands like Slipknot (...) and Corn (...), I actually thought that you may have been serious. I am not the biggest fan of discussing why people like the things they like, because I believe that taste naturally varies and as do the reasons why people choose what to like.

However, I never quite understood the attraction towards nu-metal or rap-metal, and much less the "juggalo" thing. Musicianship (if it can even be called that) and lyricism sucks among such groups! As well, I was a pretty "alternative" teen, and I had anti-establishment aspirations and was inspired by a disgust with conformity and the mundane society of Florida. But back then, I saw all of these groups as part of that hypocritical mediocrity which I detested of the "norm", and I still view them this way. Angry kids who have created a legacy of music and art within music are people like Jacob Bannon, Ian Mackaye, Wes Eisold, and Jack Kelly...the ones who are not celebrated on MTV as "rebels".

It still blows my mind, why people ever have any respect for ridiculous groups such as Korn. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, maybe I am just discussing something which I don't understand.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                              So what about when SZ members start riding that unethical gravy train?

https://twitter.com/hm/status/580665469528469504
                              To be fair, it's a guy's fashion photography career and not an SZ only fashion photography career, as his blog is hardly restricted to avant garde.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                                Well, considering that you (previously, i guess?) listened to bands like Slipknot (...) and Corn (...), I actually thought that you may have been serious. I am not the biggest fan of discussing why people like the things they like, because I believe that taste naturally varies and as do the reasons why people choose what to like.
                                I listened to this type of music when I was 14, I´m sorry if I didn´t make this clear enough. I´ll warn you next time I´m being ironic.
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎