Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

it's called uh.. Soon-doo-boo Chigae

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
      yeah, i try to avoid the chicken as well.
      the sizzling platters are good but you feel like you're wearing the dish when you walk out the door..
      Indeed.

That looks great. When I feel like going for somethign healthier I'll just get the Ginseng chicken soup and a serving of Chap Chae. Great!
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• t-bone
        • Dec 2009

hah! had kimchi jigae for lunch today. one of my favorites. i work near k-town so i eat korean at least once a week. lot of great stuff.

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

fark, i was half-joking about the live octopus. i still want to try it, but i don't think it will taste all that great. like an appetizer that "entertains" but it probably needs lots of seasoning..

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
            What I'm really into right now is japanese food (sushi and hot dishes) made with brown rice.
            I wish I could find proper sushi where I live at the moment. I can only find the supermarket type that is made of 55% salt, rice and tuna...
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• thehouseofdis
              • Jan 2010

It's weird that England doesn't have better sushi, it's an island after all.

I'm lucky in that the area I live in has some very good sushi, but it's still nothing compared to the sushi in Japan.
              THE HOUSE OF DIS
              embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                korean fried chicken tastes like 100% junk food. sure it's tastes great, but you feel like total crap afterwards..

try the live octopus instead. it's healthier..
                I was under the same impression until I was brought to some seriously amazing fried chicken places. Ohh Reggae Chicken...

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                  • Jan 2010

Damn, who is this guy..

Just need an unshrugged RO jacket to complete this look. So good.
                  MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

kimchee ji gae is a staple for my Korean meals. I have had Soon Tofu as well in my college days which was not quite as good. That stew you posted enders does look pretty good though, I'll have an order of barbecued Kalbi and three bowls of pitch-perfect Korean restaurant steel bowl steamed rice to go along with that, all by myself, thank you very much.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                      yes but we are a lumpen people, devoid of any trace of sophistication, apart from a small metropolitan elite, and distrustful of any foodstuff that strays too far way from pie and chips.

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

...erm curry? Admittedly in the form most people here seem to eat it you could compare it to pie filling though They always discuss how boring British food is on LBC's food hour, with chefs trying to say it shouldn't be, but everyone is too lazy to bother.
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                          Bullshit on the supposed equivalence between rednecks and college students. America has one of the best university systems in the world--a system that moreover encourages freethinking and ideological diversity and intellectual freedom. People who place no objective value in education and suggest there is no wisdom to be found there are those who are themselves uneducated or otherwise unsatisfied with their own education. If you weren't happy (are not happy) with your university experience, you should have transferred or changed majors.

TL;DR: education matters and makes people better human beings. Rednecks fucking suck.
                          I'm not saying these are barren lands for intellectual thought. I just think that viewing such an issue one sidedly is something that not only rednecks do, but many other groups as well. That's why I brought up college students merely as an example, while being one myself. I think its good to try to obtain a objective understanding of things and not get too caught up with what we feel is right. Since we might be embarking on the wrong path because of our possible misplaced faith in our own ideas.

Maybe I'm just happy being a skeptic.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                            Well, living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help..

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            yes but we are a lumpen people, devoid of any trace of sophistication, apart from a small metropolitan elite, and distrustful of any foodstuff that strays too far way from pie and chips.
                            It took me 3 days to convince my flatmates to take the shortcut through the field to go to class, as opposed to the normal path that is like a circle and takes 10 more minutes
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                              • Jan 2010

My heart is with Japan right now. Hoping for the best.
                              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

^it's terrible. biggest quake in 300 years.
                                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎