• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post

Ann's Spring '13 footwear c/o Feathers. I like the heeled ankle boots (bottom right in back row), but not sure how I feel about the cut-out wedge versions. I prefer the "so curved that they look like they're about to break" tension rather than having them joined at the bottom. Anyone know if she did any flat sandals? I could really use another pair next spring.
    i wholeheartedly agree...grooovy shit.

Comment

• Ladidums
      • Oct 2012

Quick question: how should I tie the laces on the Ann D triple laces? I've got the short stiletto heel one and the tall flat boots and I never seem to get the laces quite right.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

^ that's the fun...sometimes i tie all 3 individually with one loop so there are lots of long ties, other times i make a single bow with all, and then again i've tied 2 in one loop and 1 with a bow. the variations work better with the tall boots, the ankle ones lend themselves to all 3 in one big loop. i have no idea if this helps or confuses you more but i never get caught up in symmetry with these boots...best to wing it.

Comment

• Ladidums
          • Oct 2012

^ I wore my flat boots today and like you said, I just winged it and it was surprisingly okay once I stop trying to get both sides to match up nicely!Do you put vibram soles on yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilBunni3
            Nice! i always wanna get a Tabi
            Speed-post much??

Comment

• MyMindSpray
              • Mar 2008

has anyone had any experience with inserting insoles into tabi boots?

i'm assuming it would just take some careful maneuvering around the toes, but i was just wondering if someone's given it a try

thanks in advance!

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

no, but i dont see why you couldn't trace the sole and cut it out like you normally do with an insole
                or just cut it off before the toes
                mebe scope dr. scholl's japan division for tabi insets

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

Only on sz tabi insoles...good for a chuckle
                  This is very grounding

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
                    • Oct 2011

tbh for all shoes with a certain heel height I would consult an orthopedic shoemaker for a permanent solution.
                    If the arch / metatarsal support is the problem, something like this might work:

Comment

• ittalidaa
                      • Aug 2009

Painted tabis forever. Man or woman. source: @fashionbaggage
                      Attached Files
                      http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• kobito
                        • Jan 2013

My second MA+

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

those are sweet! m.a.+ shoes and bags are brilliant.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                            • Aug 2011

Nice, kobito!

I'm considering my first pair of Guidi boots. I hear they run small so should I buy a size up?

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

I actually think guidi's these days run fairly true to size. If you're on the cusp of half size then size up or if you like wiggle room, size up. I prefer a half size up for that reason but in general the round toe shape of guidi isn't restrictive.

Comment

• ahn
                                • Jul 2012

Sooooo I'm wanting to buy some MMM tabi ankle boots (all the tabi goodness in this thread has been a helpful inspiration!). I'm having no luck finding any second hand in my size (IT39) in good condition with the thick round heel, and since I happen to have the RRP in my PayPal acct at the moment I'm seriously considering just throwing the towel in and paying full price.

Can anyone attest to their quality? Both my RO wedge ankle boots and Ann D wedge ankle boots have both suffered quality issues that are not cheap to repair (Ann's weren't as costly to repair but I've been quoted $200 to fix the RO's... doesn't seem worth it).

I'm super reluctant to spend that kind of cash on anything without knowing what the likely issues might be with the style. I'd be less hesitant if they ever went on sale in classic black but even when they do my size seems to sell out before I can blink.

Would love some input from any owners!
                                some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎