• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yay, Rose Bakery!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

nice read..............i didn't know she was in her 70' though.
        I like that. there are too many people who once they past 60 begin to talk stupidly about retirement, people should remain active, creative and productive as long as they are around and health allows it. thats why I like Karl Lagerfeld
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Icarium
          • Oct 2010

I completely agree... I think you have to keep stimulated and challenged to stay sharp and retirement and the cut off of stimuli that can result in is imo what can lead to senility.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Looks great! I just realized the quote I posted from an email in the DSM thread was actually in reference to this (all wood) so I'll repost it here. I would've stopped by today if I realized it was now open, only got an email that said "coming soon" so far. So did they move out f/w merch already and have just the new season stuff?

I love this quote as an artistic manifesto, it could also describe very accurately my way of working as a composer. Distill a single idea in a powerful way to maximize impact in reaction against the increased complexity of the world.
              music

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

^ It looks like they moved out all the FW stuff...they were selling all of it at something like 40% off before the renovation.

I like this idea of other designers carrying other brands though, because it seems as if they would be chosen for sharing a similar aesthetic and thus work well together, as well as exposing "less-informed" customers to lesser known designers.
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

^Darn! There were several things I was waiting to go on sale, of course I didn't get an email about that.

Anyway, sorry for shopping related topic in this thread. Space looks great can't wait to check it out, Rei for mayor of NYC!
                  music

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

nice, looks just like you'd expect it to

the TB space looks cool
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, that was my fave! A miniature replica of his Tribeca shop.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gin soaked boy
                          • May 2012

Rei Kawakubo interviewed by Paul Smith (yes...) in 1995:
                          http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...ady-of-fashion
                          "Das Getöse war absolut geworden, man hörte es nicht mehr."
                          (E. Jünger)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gin soaked boy View Post
                            Rei Kawakubo interviewed by Paul Smith (yes...) in 1995:
                            http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...ady-of-fashion
                            Just another example to illustrate that interviewing Kawakubo is an exercise in futility.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Just another example to illustrate that interviewing Kawakubo is an exercise in futility.
                              Have you ever tried to set one up yourself? You should go for it, see if you can get anything else out of her.

She comes accross as almost rude in that interview. She agrees to be interviewed by Mr Smith, who always seems like a lovely guy, and then just ignores most of his questions, or hits him with the usual stock answers (apart from the one about her liking greasy British breakfasts).

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

She has responded to several of my questions via email for the CdG perfume article I wrote for our third issue. I know better than to ask for an in person interview. Although, perhaps I might be one of the several people who might do her justice.

I know she comes off as rude, but I really do think it's a combination of inane interview fatigue, fashion banality fatigue, language barrier, caution, etc. Adrian is the diametric opposite of her. We chatted for over an hour.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎