X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

No one liked my South Park comment? See guys, I try to please you, and what do I get in return? No acknowledgement of my efforts, no pat on the back (goes in the corner and cries).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

1st fit i like , maybe cos im not sure whats goin on with it and i like the details but thats about it . me i dont like this line but i can understand why others here love it . im tryin to think of why dont i like this and i dont rly know why . i think its kinda boring and i dont like the color palette either , lil too plain maybe ? bummer

Comment

• Mikevigar
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        No one liked my South Park comment? See guys, I try to please you, and what do I get in return? No acknowledgement of my efforts, no pat on the back (goes in the corner and cries).
        It made me laugh mate.

As for the collection, it is easily identifiable as Boris which shows consistency season on season. I find his SS collections always struggle more because he feels compelled to use light colours but there are a lot of wearable pieces here. As someone has said previously it seems cleaner, and doesn't have as much of that post-apocalyptic feel in the finish of single garments but then I think that came across too strong in SS11 having seen and handled most of the collection. What I'm seeing is Boris continuing on his quest for perfection with a certain idea in mind that you can see consistently, and I like that determination.

Comment

• Wax
          • Sep 2009

I really appreciated his first collections, but his latest development, also the ways of presentation are really disappointing to me, kind of stepping backwards every season.(or stepping forward into the paris fashionweek mainstream)

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Video: http://scoute.org/blog/
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Sergey Seven
              • Sep 2010

wow! Thanx lowrey!!
              i've changed my opinion on the collection after seeing this! awesome!

but i didn't noticed, does the lace with silver detail still on the back? I hope it does

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                • Jun 2010

his last four seasons were fantastic, always among the very best things shown in paris imo... but this one? dunno, still like a lot of the pieces and didn´t handle anything so i only judge from the pics. as mentioned before me, i think he´s adopting a bit to the paris fashion circus. always appreciated his untamed style, his - in the best sense - amorphous and sloppy fits... here everything looks much cleaner and reduced - sure the styling adds a lot to this, also the sober and non-cold-dyed colours... i´ve no problem with restraint, but for me fw10/11 worked much better in that sense.

i never got the point in all the rick comparisons, but when i saw this i actually thought "rick" for the first time when looking at bbs... and strange enough it´s his first offering the rick-die-hard-fans here did not completely dislike... enough now, don´t want to warm up this obsolete discussion again.

Comment

• MaxM
                  • Sep 2009

... worst show music ever ...

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

I agree for the biggest part. This collection is pretty safe compared to the last ones, one could say even boring. But I definitely prefer one boring collection to completely losing it like Damir.
                    Some backwards shots or pictures from the showroom would help to make this one here more interesting. Especially for some blazers, that had the longer middle part between the slits on the back. The video definitely helps to let it appear less flat. The footwear was pretty mixed. Some great mid-high boots like always, then some sneakers that might work, but the adaptation of that wallabee seam on some shoes was weird indeed.

Comment

• Darklands
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

while i would agree that the presentation and runway looks don't come across as the best of his work - in the showroom it was business-as-usual.

when seen first hand, it is as strong and consistent of a collection as i have come to expect from him.

and with prices down nicely from AW 2011. you do not hear that very often . . .

Comment

• Pumpfish
                        • Sep 2010

Good to see, Campbell. I'm glad he's trying to remain accessable.

Maybe Damir had a word!
                        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
                          while i would agree that the presentation and runway looks don't come across as the best of his work - in the showroom it was business-as-usual.
                          Seems like this is usually the case with the designers we love. I think it's pretty clear that a runway show isn't the best presentation for obsessives like us.

I can't imagine prices are even capable of going higher than they were last season. Some of the leathers and pants are approaching Carol pricing...

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Music made me lulz, clothes made me yawn. It's fine that interesting tee shirts and hoodies are a big part of his business, but so many of them on the runway and not much else is just boring. Its like watching a runway show for DD's Silent collection.
                            music

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

when seen first hand, it is as strong and consistent of a collection as i have come to expect from him.

I believe that and that's why I've said before that maybe doing away with a fashion show and just presenting the clothes might be the best route for Boris. A fashion show is a presentation of your aesthetic universe in a performance-like setting - it has to have themes and ideas and be well-put together and directed. Making garments is another thing and the two don't always work well.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                                Music made me lulz, clothes made me yawn. It's fine that interesting tee shirts and hoodies are a big part of his business, but so many of them on the runway and not much else is just boring. Its like watching a runway show for DD's Silent collection.
                                I agree in that there appear to be a lot of tees of various lengths/shapes but I find Boris's SS collections are quite true to the season in that they're designed for warmer weather, as the temptation is likely to be to gravitate towards what grabs attention more (outerwear, knits and so forth). One disappointment for me is there aren't too many shorts as this is something I look forward to with Boris, but I think he has shown an ability to honour the SS/AW switch, its just his AW collections are so strong and thus difficult to live up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎